3 - masquerade gala

| S01 E03 |

| S01 E03 |

"I cannot believe you disposed of those vampires without me. You know how I love to set things on fire!" Rebekah pouted as she held Leia in her arms.

"Was I supposed to leave them in the front yard to rot?" Klaus smirked, "Besides, they were my responsibility. They attacked the helpless pregnant girl who's carrying my child!"

Rebekah rolled her eyes, "Oh, I am so moved by your new-found sense of fatherly duties towards the werewolf carrying your hybrid bun in her oven."

"You are both acting like children, although both of you are a thousand years old." Leia said to them. Both looked offended as Leia chuckled.

Hayley joined them in the foyer.

"The werewolf would like to know what the plan is." Hayley stated crossing her arms across her chest.

Klaus looked at Hayley, "Well, that depends what plan you mean, love-- my plan for global domination, or Rebekah's plan to find love in a cruel, cruel world?"

"She already found it." Leia said as Klaus smiled and Rebekah took a pencil from the desk beside her and threw it in Klaus' direction. Klaus caught it easily before it could embed itself in his face.

"I know, I know." Klaus surrendered as he played with the pencil in his hands. Leia rolled her eyes.

"The plan to rescue Elijah. You know, the good brother?" Hayley questioned with a sigh, "The one who is now in the possession of your mortal enemy after you stabbed him in the back?"

"In the front, if we're being specific." Klaus commented with a smirk.

"That's not helping. You are not special that dagger your siblings when you are annoyed with them." Leia snapped making Rebekah put her chin on Leia's shoulder.

Klaus sighed.

"You two said that you would get him back. So is there a plan, or what?" Hayley asked.

"Okay. Well, firstly, Marcel is not my mortal enemy—he's my friend. Albeit one who is unaware that I'm trying to sabotage his hold over the supernatural community of the French Quarter, but a friend nonetheless. And secondly, I daggered Elijah in order to gain Marcel's trust. If I had known he would place my brother in the hands of a particularly nasty teenage witch, I certainly would have weighed my options a bit differently. And thirdly—" He turned to Rebekah and gestured for her to speak, "Sister, please."

"And thirdly, the plan, as you have demanded, is for Niklaus to simply ask Marcel for Elijah back." Rebekah piped in.

"That's... that's not the whole plan, is it?" Hayley asked incredulous.

"Please!" Rebekah scoffed, "Klaus may be a miserable excuse for a sibling, but there is none more diabolical."

"And that's only the Plan A, love! There's always a Plan B." Klaus added.