12 - alaric's sickness

| S03 E17 |

| S03 E17 |

Leia was in the hospital as Alaric was lying down on an MRI couch, about to go into the MRI scanner. They all hoped that they would find something wrong with him physically, but all them knew that magic was at fault.

Alaric started to have blackouts. Also someone had murdured two council members and had one attempted murder, they were killed by Alaric's weapons and that led to believing that he had done it.

Damon believed that Alaric's new girlfriend, Meredith did it.

After a while they discovered that it also happened hundred years ago to the person who wore the ring that Alaric now wore. So they were trying to find out what's wrong.

Leia with Elena and Meredith were in the control room, preparing to scan Alaric while he was laying in the machine on the other side of the glass.

"What are you looking for?" Elena asked Meredith, a doctor that cares for Alaric, at least Leia hoped that she cared.

Meredith shrugged. "I don't know. A tumor, vascular anomalies, anything physical that might explain his behavior. If it's medical, I can treat it."

"And if it's not?" Leia asked fearfully.

"Well, then we'll deal with that too." Meredith answered honestly as she looked worriedly at Alaric. A technician placed Alaric inside the machine. Alaric stared at his reflection in the mirror placed above him.

"When did you suspect him? That it was Alaric who was killing all of those people?" Elena asked curious.

"It was after he told me about his ring. I remembered a story my grandmother had told me about Samantha Gilbert and her secret journal. I don't know if you know this, but we Fells are notorious busy-bodies." Meredith smiled weakly.

"But then, why did you protect him?" Leia asked trying to find out if she actually liked him.

"Because I'm a doctor, I don't like to see someone hurt by something they have no control over. And because when he and I first met I felt like...I don't know, I- I just kind of want to help him." Meredith answered.

Suddenly Alaric started to panic in the MRI.

Meredith talked to him over a speaker. "Everything alright in there?" She questioned.

"Yeah. Yeah, everything's okay." Alaric replied.

After the scan, Alaric was in a regular hospital room getting ready to leave. Elena together with Leia came in.

"Meredith says that everything is normal." Elena informed him what they learned.

"Yeah, well, everything is normal, because there is nothing wrong with me. I didn't kill Brian Walters, I didn't kill Bill Forbes, and I sure as hell didn't shove a hunting knife into my stomach." Alaric said and looked down at the ring, which was the only thing he hadn't picked back up.