16 - dark!alaric part 2

| S03 E21 |

| S03 E21 |

Caroline was still staked down to a desk, Leia with Elena sat in the desk next to her. Alaric paced in front of them.

"Why are you doing this?" Leia asked, not recognising him anymore.

"Because you need me. Both of you do. Because you're an nineteen-year-old and eighteen-year-old girls without parents or guidance or any sense of right and wrong anymore." Alaric explained to both of them.

"Look at you. How is this right?" Elena pointed out.

Alaric pointed to Caroline with the stake. "She's a murderer. She told me she killed someone and liked it. Now how is that right? Listen, both of you, your parents led the council. It was their life's mission to keep this town safe. They weren't dead six months before you both undid it all."

"You don't know anything about them." Leia spat at him defending them.

Alaric chuckled mockingly. "Why, am I wrong? Do you actually think that they'd be proud of both of you?" Alaric kneeled down in front of Elena. "If you don't side with the humans, you're just as bad as them. Now kill her."

Leia and Elena shared a panicked look.

Alaric handed Elena the stake. "Or I'll do it for you and I'll make it hurt. Get up!" Alaric grabbed Elena's arm and pulled her out of her seat.

Leia got up to try to help, but Alaric just pushed her back down harshly in the chair. He placed Elena in front of Caroline and forced the stake into her hand. He pulled away. Elena stood there with the stake in her hand for a moment, then turned around and tried to stab Alaric.

Alaric sensed it before she could do it and grabbed her wrist before she could. "I thought I taught you better than that." He tutted.

"You did." Elena stated before breaking the bowl filled with vervain over Alaric's head. He screamed in pain and his flesh started to burn from the vervain.

Elena released Caroline and turned to Leia. "Get help! Both of you."

Caroline rushed out of the room immediately. Leia hesitated to leave, but she knew that she couldn't help her if she was there with Elena, so she ran after Caroline thinking that Elena was behind them, but how wrong she was.

Leia accidentally separated from Caroline and when she looked behind her Elena wasn't with her either, she continued to walk backwards when suddenly someone grabbed her from behind.

Rebekah covered her mouth, so no one could hear her scream. "Shhh. It's okay, it's okay. It's me, sweetheart."

Leia immediately relaxed into Rebekah's arms, Rebekah took her hand off of her mouth. Leia turned to Rebekah and hugged her immediately, Rebekah smiled into Leia's shoulder feeling content.

Rebekah pulled back. "We have to go now." Rebekah was relieved and wanted to continue hugging her, but they had to leave.

Leia nodded and Rebekah lifted her into her arms and sped away.

Leia was in her bed wrapped into Rebekah's arms, when Leia looked up she could see Rebekah fallen expression.

Leia placed her lips softly on Rebekah's. "Don't listen."

Rebekah was brought back into the bedroom and sadly smiled down at Leia. Rebekah heard how Elena with her friends were celebrating Klaus's 'death'.

Stefan and Damon with Bonnie's help desiccated and defeated Klaus after he kidnapped Elena to drain her of her blood.

"You should be celebrating with them." Rebekah told her as she tightened her hold on Leia. As she said that she thought she didn't want her to leave her ever.

"But I don't want to." Leia snuggled into Rebekah's warm body. "I want to sleep here with you. You are far more important at this moment."

And she was. They were happy to be with each other and trying to cheer up Rebekah after losing her brother.

Rebekah expression lightened up at that. "I love you so much."

"I love you too." Leia's eyes were filled with love.

Jeremy was painting the window frame in Alaric's old room when Elena with Leia came in.

"Hey. Everyone gone?" Jeremy asked as they had ended the party.

"It's just us." Elena answered.

Jeremy looked at Leia. "Really?" He raised his eyebrow.

Leia glared at him. "Yes, Rebekah left too after you were down celebrating about defeating Klaus." Sure, maybe she was somewhat happy that some of the evil was out of their lives, but their evil was Rebekah's family and Leia has to just deal with it.

"I hate this room." Jeremy stated after a deafening silence.

Elena nodded agreeing. "Me too. Mom and Dad were right. Alaric should just kill all the vampires and put an end to all of this. But then that means that Caroline dies and Bonnie loses her mom, the Mayor loses her son, and I lose Stefan and Damon. So, if it makes me the bad guy for wanting to keep those people alive, then fine, I'll be the bad guy."

"And I lose Rebekah." Leia added bitterly. Elena looked down as Jeremy spoke.

"You forget that Alaric never wanted any of this. Once he carries out his plans, what if he decides he doesn't want to live anymore and he kills his human connection to end his life? That would mean I would lose one of you. I'm not gonna let that happen. I'm gonna shower and get some sleep both of you. Good night, Elena, Lena."

"Good night." Elena replied with Leia together.

Jeremy kissed Leia's forehead before leaving the room.

"I'm gonna go too." Leia said after he left.

"Good night." Elena smiled weakly at her. She felt the bond between them weakening and she didn't want that to happen. She had to try to do something.

Leia nodded and left the room.

— Here's another one. I just got a wave of motivation because I made some new edits on Tiktok :)

And we are almost to 6k reads. I really appreciate all of you who read, vote and comment on my fanfic.

Love you all<3