2.27 - hard goodbyes

| S04 E16 |

| S04 E16 |

Leia slowly stirred as she woke up from the sleep she was pulled into while listening to Rebekah's heartbeat. The place she was sleeping was the safest place she has ever been.

She looked up as she saw that Rebekah was awake already. Rebekah had been looking at sleeping Leia for almost hour. She was thinking about what Leia had mumbled to her last night before falling asleep.

"Good morning, sweetheart." Rebekah softly smiled a little at the girl in her arms, whose eyes were red from crying all day yesterday.

Leia could not make herself smile back as she remembered what happens yesterday, she just laid her head back on Rebekah's chest closing her eyes. Leia unconsciously with her fingers drew little hearts in Rebekah's chest as Rebekah hummed in satisfaction.

"Were you serious about agreeing to take me away from here?" Leia asked as she didn't look at Rebekah.

"I did." Rebekah confirmed. "Were you serious about that?" If Leia wanted she would take her to end of world if she asked. She was ready for the next phase of her life with Leia.

"I am, definitely." Leia responded quietly.

Both laid in silence as Leia continued to listen to the Rebekah's heartbeat. Leia was serious. She didn't want to remain in Mystic falls. Her sister turned her emotions off. All other family of hers are dead. There wasn't anything for her in Mystic falls anymore. When Elena eventually would turn her emotions on, she would have a whole support system in place, but hers support system was Rebekah.

She just wanted Rebekah.

That was all she needed. And Jeremy.

After a moment Rebekah untangled herself from Leia making her frown. Rebekah stood up and paced in front of Leia.

"What?" Leia asked confused of her sudden movement.

"Do you really want to leave?" Rebekah stopped pacing and turned to Leia who had sat up on the bed. Rebekah wanted to be certain that Leia wouldn't regret it.

"I do." Leia confirmed again.

"Then we will leave." Rebekah announced.

Rebekah was ready to leave all drama behind and explore the world with Leia and show her wonders of the world.

Rebekah sat in front of Leia and took her hand into hers. "If you are ready we will leave. I will show you all that your heart desires. You will not have to think of this town again."

Leia smiled and pulled Rebekah into a kiss. They kissed for moments before Leia pulled back from her. "I'm ready. I'm so ready."

Rebekah smiled in content. "I love you so much." Leia kissed Rebekah cheek. Then her other cheek making Rebekah giggle.