0 - prologue

Leia Gilbert was quite happy girl. Her life was as good as anyone is hoping their life would be. Her beliefs were different than others. Her mother always told her, you can't hold on to a grudges, because if someone hurts you, they don't care that they hurt you, so you can't let them hurt you more, while holding the grudge. Forgive them for yourself not for them.

But all happiness has to come to end eventually and hers did the previous year making her life more complicated that it needed to be.

Salvatore brothers decided to come back to town and bring their feud with them. Both of them brought her sister, Elena, in a supernatural world, that they all weren't quite ready for.

Secrets were uncovered that Leia wished hadn't. The secrets brought people to Mystic falls, but it would be better if they hadn't. She lost a lot of people that she didn't want to lose for a long time. She was sad enough when her parents died, she wasn't quite happy when more people started to die, thanks to supernatural.

Her uncle died, which she wasn't that close, but wasn't distant either.

She lost their last guardian, their aunt Jenna. She was the strong person that helped her to get herself back together after her parents deaths. She needed that someone, she wasn't ready when her aunt had left her too, the same as her parents.

Her best friend, Caroline was turned into a vampire. Her other best friend discovered that she was a witch.

In her bunch of friends she felt as the odd one out, of course, no one left her out, but as everyone could help somehow, she couldn't because she after all was just a human.

Her sister even was important, but Leia was just a human who was more of a added weakness and not strength. She always hoped that she could help someone too, someday.

Despite their loses, Gilbert siblings were closer than ever, because they were each their last family.

Leia had a little breakdown in the summer break so, she decided to dye her hair blond. Caroline  was horrified when she saw what Leia had done and volunteered to dye it back, but Leia liked it and decided against it.

Stefan Salvatore was gone with Klaus, who was the villain in their story's. When she learned of Klaus's past and of his curse from Elijah, her self proclaimed friend, even if Elijah was awkwardly agreeing to make her happy. Leia couldn't help to sympathise with Klaus.

She could even begin to imagine how would she feel when half of her would locked away, but her sympathy was whisked away the second he decided to use Jenna for his sacrifice just because Damon decided to screw up everything.

But small of sympathy would always remain.

But she thought that maybe, her life could get somewhat normal again, but that was until her sister wanted to track Stefan all summer and that resulted into Klaus coming back and bringing gorgeous blonde with him.