Chapter 82 (Anthony)

Start from the beginning

        I brought Lexi into my bathroom and pulled out my first aid kit I keep in there. First I cleaned the wound, which Lexi flinched at, closing her eyes and tucking her face away. Then I had to pinch the incision closed as best I could. She yelped and her hand was shaking, but I told her she hadda help me with this part.

I placed her hand on the counter to steady it from the shaking, and I pinched the incision with her as I applied the adhesive. To be sure it stuck I used surgical strips across. 

"You can't get this wet for at least 24 hours" I told her, blowing on it to be sure it dried and sealed the cut up alright. When I tried adjusting her hand she sucked in a breath like I'd just hurt her. "What is it?" I quickly removed my hands.

        "I fell on it funny. My wrist is killing me" she told me. Again I could feel the rage creeping in. I couldn't let the anger take over. Not yet. "Do you think it's broken?" I asked her. She shook her head no. "I'd know if it was broken. I can move it. It's just uncomfortable like maybe I sprained it, or it's just sensitive from the fall and it'll be fine in the morning" she shrugged it off.

"I have an ace bandage. Let me wrap it up. I'll gauze your cut up and it'll kill two birds with one stone anyway" I offered. She studied me for a second. I'm not sure why, but then she nodded yes. 

Once all was said and done we just lingered there in the bathroom looking at each other. I wiped her cheeks even though she wasn't crying. She wouldn't let herself. I could tell.

        "I'm gonna handle this. I promise I will" I told her. "Yeah, how? Yell at him? Punch him? He's still gonna be my husband in a few weeks. God, what fucking life is this" she cursed and rushed out of the bathroom. I rushed after her.

"It's gonna start with punching. I'll tell you that much. The only reason I haven't rushed over there is because I want him to be good and sober when I talk to him. Lexi he'll never lay a finger on you again. I can guarantee it" I swore, and I meant it. 

If I have to break every bone in his fucking body to be sure my message gets across I will. I fucking will.

        "Anthony," Lexi whispered. I thought she was gonna tell me to leave it alone, but she surprised me when she said, "can you just hug me?" I've never grabbed someone so quick as I did her when she asked me to hold her. 

I wrapped my arms protectively around her thin frame and felt her nuzzle her face into my chest. I kissed the top of her head. I smelt the sweet green apples again.

"Lexi, if I could get you out of this deal I would" I said softly. I didn't want to ruin the moment. She was clinging to me and it's all I wanted at that moment. 

When the hug wasn't enough for me anymore I scooped Lexi up and walked over to my sofa. I kept her in my lap, and rubbed her back, and up and down her side while we sat in silence. It isn't an awkward quiet. It's comfortable and familiar in a way it shouldn't be. 

        "I go to London tomorrow" Lexi's voice eventually broke the silence. I stiffened beneath her, but then I remembered why she was going and that it was only for a few days. "That's good. You'll go see your show and your beautiful face as art. Give you time away from here to clear your head. And when you're back I swear it'll be better" I promised her. 

I'm going to make it my personal mission now to make sure that's true.

"Oh yeah? How do you know that?" She challenged me. I thought about how I might answer that. "Do you trust me?" I found myself saying. She didn't respond right away, which got my heart pumping, but then she said, "Yeah. I do." I smiled like a fool. 

"Good. Then just trust me, alright? I'll fix this" I told her again. She nodded against my neck. I could feel her soft lips against my flesh and I wanted more of it. Now isn't the time for it, so I restrained myself, but god did I fucking want more of it. 

        As though she read my mind I suddenly felt a light peck against my neck. My hand caressed her side again, then glided down to her leg. Lexi's lips found the base of my throat and I barely held back the groan. When she lifted herself she left her face lingering close to mine. 

I bit my lip and shut my eyes. Don't Rizzo. 

She kept her left hand in her lap, the one that's injured, and used her right hand to run up my chest and cup the back of my neck. My hands automatically went to her hip and thigh. 

        "Are you sleeping with anyone else?" She asked me. I almost didn't register the question because I was too busy telling myself not to devour this girl right now. "No," I answered honestly. I hadn't since that last time. 

"Are you gonna say no?" She asked next. "No," I said. But I didn't mean 'no we can't', I meant 'no I am not saying no'. And Lexi understood that. She leaned forward and captured my lips with hers.

        I fisted her hair and deepened the kiss right away. I've fantasized about this mouth much too often lately. More than I care to admit. But here it was against mine, and I took it. I kissed her like her breath was mine and I needed it back.

Lexi shifted over me so she was no longer across my lap but straddling it instead. I wrapped my arms around her middle and pulled until she was flush against me. Then my hands roamed her creamy flesh as far as they could reach. I felt greedy for her. I haven't touched her in what felt like years.

        Our mouths moved in unison and our rhythm synced as we moved against one another. Beyond my windows outside were the sounds of the city at night. The airplanes in the sky, the cars on the road, the millions of people crammed in this city alone. The neighbors who are drunk and pulling to the curb with their music too loud. The dog that barks from the first floor.

Inside all that could be heard was the unnatural way a heart can pound. The softly shifting sounds of her body and mine as I rolled us over on the sofa, placing Lexi on her back with me on top. My weight pressed her into the cushions and with her legs around my middle she rolled her hips against me.

        We both groaned and did it again. This time I joined her so that my hardening dick touched her where she needed to feel the pressure. And while she was lost in the moment she went to grab me and fist my hair, but I felt her flinch below me, and realized she'd forgotten all about her injured hand and hurt herself trying to pull me even closer.

I pulled my mouth away and took it gently. "You okay?" I asked her. My voice was hoarse and thick with lust, but I tried to clear it away. I watched Lexi's cornflower blue eyes shift up to mine and I just looked at her for a second. Really looked.

When she nodded that she was okay I brought her injured palm to my lips and lightly kissed it at its center. Her eyes are striking even in the dim of evening or haze of an early morning. And they stayed fixed on me. 

        I felt this great shift inside me. Something I don't yet understand, but it was there and it was strong. I grabbed the girl and kissed her again like it may be our last. And it very well might be. But I will do everything in my power to make sure it isn't. 

No more compliant Rizzo. Enzo doesn't deserve this arrangement and I'm going to sort it out. I promised Lexi that, and I intend to keep my promise.