Chapter 81 (Lexi)

Start from the beginning

"Come pick us up, will you? We want food and uber's won't stop for food" his drunk voice was loud and irksome, but I can't say I'm not curious to see everyone. If I'm being honest I wanted to see if Anthony would bring a girl home. 

He could be texting me all that and be full of shit about it. He could have a girl lined up to take to bed tonight. "Fine, text the guard that I can leave or he won't let me" I felt absolutely ridiculous having to tell Andrei.

        I got up and changed out of my sleepwear. I threw anything on and was already headed for the key bowl in the front hall. They have too many keys for this to be a temporary stateside home. Yet they have all these cars. 

By the time I got to the guard he was opening the garage door for me. Good alternative to kneeing him in the balls like last time.

I found out they were at the Velvet Lounge, which is owned by the De Luca crime family. They seem to go there a lot.

-

        I took the bigger of our cars tonight because I honestly wasn't sure who I'd be driving or how many. As I waited curbside I was almost convinced the drunk idiots left without waiting for me, because they weren't responding to my texts saying I was outside.

But then I saw the tall figures crossing the road and recognized it to be Andrei, some girl, Enzo, Anthony, and some guy I don't know. 

"There she is," my brother drunkenly announced. "What's open for food? I'm starving" he said, plopping into the back seat so he could pull the girl over his lap. She yelped when he snatched her, and they were running their hands all over each other. 

        Anthony got into the back with the other guy and Enzo came to the front seat. It's not like I could've asked Anthony to sit in the front with me, but I wish he did. Instead we caught eyes in the mirror. They lingered for a few seconds, but then Enzo was waving around pointing to areas I should go to for this food or that food.

He was loud and smelt deeply of whiskey. I could tell he was the most drunk of all, which doesn't surprise me since it was his bachelor party. 

I was glad to see Anthony didn't have a girl with him. The guy beside him was talking his ear off, but he barely looked to be listening. I just hurried to a food joint so I could shut these people up. I was curious, which is why I agreed to get them, but now that there was nothing scandalous to be seen I just wanted to be back in my bed. 

Not that I was sleeping. I couldn't fall asleep, but here we are.

-

        We drove no name guy home first, and since the girl spoke up and told Andrei her apartment was just down the block the two of them jumped out of the car just as I was about to pull away. "Thanks little sis" he grinned and grabbed up the girl. I could hear her giggling half way down the block like an echo.

The car got so much quieter with them gone. I looked at Enzo in the passenger seat and Anthony in the back. "Should I drive you home?" I looked back at Enzo. I know it's awful, but I wanted Anthony to be last in the car with me.

Enzo snorted and leaned his elbow on the console so his face was just a little too close. 

"We can drop him off first. Right?" He asked, but he wasn't asking. We eyed each other and I felt this resentment towards him that's only been building more over time. I wanted him and I to get along, but he's said some things that make me think that won't be possible without great effort on my part.

        Still I did as he suggested and we drove to Anthony's apartment. I didn't have to pretend I don't know where Anthony lives. Enzo at least knows that much. "Did you guys have fun?" I asked, but my eyes shifted into the mirror to direct the question to him.