Closure [44]

𝙉𝙤𝙬 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜: 𝙃𝙚𝙧𝙤- 𝙀𝙣𝙧𝙞𝙦𝙪𝙚 𝙄𝙜𝙡𝙚𝙨𝙞𝙖𝙨

okay, so this song summed up B & C for me, took a lot to get me here- enjoy

this chapter contains sexual content.

                                                         ~

After a steaming hot shower, that felt like heaven against your skin, you sat curled up on the Ackermans' couch, piping hot cup of tea in your hands. It wasn't made to your preferred consistency, but you weren't in any position to complain at this current moment of time. The steam hissed and wrapped around your face like a spider's web, and you wanted to drown inside it.

 It was just as warm as him, just as forgiving as him. But he wasn't here. You allowed another tear to fall down your cheek, drying it with the sleeve of Mikasa's dressing gown.

Heavy silence met you as you brought your eyes up to the others in the room. Levi was calmly seated in the armchair, notepad and pen in hand as he patiently gave you time to recover. Your aunt Dionne, however, was not as at ease. Fat tears snaked their way down her cheeks as her eyes followed your every movement, assuming that you would vanish right before her very eyes, once again, due to the fact you had slipped out from under her.

She was beating herself up about it, but it wasn't her fault. You could bring a horse to the stream, but you couldn't force it to drink water. The reality of things were, you could only help those who wanted it. And ever since moving to Sina, you were clearly adverse to your help. Now, you wished that maybe you should have told her from the get-go. She was all down for her illicit romances, so why wouldn't she help her own niece out?

The final person in the room was Mikasa Ackerman, perched on edge of the coffee table, silently steaming about the fact Levi had forced her to give you her robe. Her appearance was different now, too. Her hair had been dyed a rich burgundy, as slick as her winged eyeliner, and she now sported a nose-piercing. Drastic appearance changes were her usual acts of renunciation, she had cancelled you from her life, and you doubted there was any way back. Despite this, there was still a sense of lingering worry traced in her pewter grey eyes.

Levi, still struggling to come to terms with everything, flicked his raven hair out of his eyes as he examined his silver watch. It had been more than an hour of allowing you to get re-adjusted, it was time for you to talk.

"y/n...you really need to start talking. I've already taken too many risks bringing you over here. If you explain now, I can tweak some of the information before you release and actual statement. From what I'm saying, I'm talking criminal charges of we're not careful." He explained, sighing.

Dabbing at your nose, you stared into the tea cup, conspiring with it. Did you trust Levi? Mikasa angrily turned to her cousin, folding her arms over her exposed middle, due to the cropped sweater she was wearing. It was black, of course.