The New Leaf [36]

𝙉𝙤𝙬 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜: 𝘾𝙖𝙣'𝙩 𝙃𝙚𝙡𝙥 𝘽𝙪𝙩 𝙒𝙖𝙞𝙩- 𝙏𝙧𝙚𝙮 𝙎𝙤𝙣𝙜𝙯

                                                    ~

Tears flooded your vision as you took another deep breath in. You wouldn't cry, you weren't desperate, you weren't begging. All you wanted to do was have a rational conversation with the boy you still loved. But, staring down at the text on your phone, you felt like crying. Screaming your woes out to the nearest pair of ears- which were Dionne's upstairs- and keeling over into a deep hole of regret. Much to your surprise, Ymir had not blocked you, but reading the message again ground the shards of your heart into a pulp.

YMIR:

BABES, NO. I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND COMING OVER. KEEP TO YOUR OWN LANE FOR NOW, YEAH? Xx

Since when was she the damage control officer? How could you keep to your own lane when the love of your life was a bus ride away? Pocketing your phone, you continued along with the dishes, robotically placing the plates into the dishwasher. It had become quite The strains with your cast, but you had managed to adjust. Even though The cast was waterproof, too I were still cautious of handling liquids. The droplets of water rolled down the side of the ceramic and landed into the basin. Then, they proceeded to swirl down the drain, slowly, slowly, slowly. Could it be that it was the definition of you and Eren?

Slowly, slowly, slowly, the pair of you had gained knowledge of the complications within your relationship, known you had been testing waters. But both of you were too afraid to confront it. The moment the two of you finally had, it had been game over. All that love, all those memories just washed away, just like those droplets sinking into the drain that was the abyss of your wanton feelings.

The shattering of the plate that was previously in your grip snapped you out of your thoughts of him. Those thoughts of his handsome face, crude attitude and heart of love that was personalised just for you. You watched the broken pieces that were scattered across the dishwasher and huffed.

"Crap!" You muttered, collecting the broken shards.

Dionne was in a virtual meeting with a client, which was as to why the sound hadn't roused her. If you had not been so distracted, you wouldn't be here, trying to pick up the pieces, physically and metaphorically. You were desperate for closure, just one last look at his face. Hopefully, that would suffice. Without allowing yourself to convince yourself otherwise, you dumped the broken pieces on the side, closing the dishwasher and charging upstairs like someone had announced it had caught fire.

Racing in, you reached over to you scuffed Converse and made a quick peek in the mirror. It was true, your eyes were looking a little soulless and face slightly gaunt but did he honestly expect you to be in pristine condition after that mess of an accident. After nearly losing your life, you had lost your heart instead. You contemplated which one you would have preferred. At least the death would be quick. Now, you were enduring the gaping hole in agony in your chest.