Adrenaline And The Accident [33]

𝙉𝙤𝙬 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜: 𝙁𝙞𝙣𝙙𝙚𝙧𝙨 𝙆𝙚𝙚𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙨- 𝙈𝙖𝙗𝙚𝙡❟ 𝙆𝙤𝙟𝙤 𝙁𝙪𝙣𝙙𝙨

                                                      ~

Anicca. A Pali word that meant 'impermanence'. You had come across it in social studies back in Washington D.C. In all honesty, that's what you thought of when you and Eren came to mind. The uni that you had put as your third choice had given you an unconditional and you hadn't even received your results! You wanted to study History, that had been all you wanted before coming to Sina. Get your grades and diploma; be happy with Mikasa. Then came Eren, the whirling tornado of irrationality and romance. It was something so cliche.

Never did you think you'd be that person. That person the sweep everything under the rug just for a boy. You had come across people who had done it all the time. It was the same reason you didn't really find much social security in the group of 'friends' you floated around with back at Cleaverbrooks. They all had romantic commitments. Oh, how you had frowned upon them! The blatant irony was so tangible you could smear it on the walls. That was now you, the girl throwing her neck out for her lover, even if she swore to herself she wouldn't.

If you did end up rejecting the opportunity to go to uni, what would happen for you and Eren? Would you continue this? A life of hiding or crime? Or would you--

"How much could a girl your age have to think about that they'd sit here with their mouth open like a goldfish?" Patronized Lara Tybur, appearing from the back room.

Gritting your teeth, you glared down at her. Where had she been this past month that you had whipped Tybur Titan Mart into shape? You had single-handedly ran this ship whilst she supposedly sorted out her tax returns or whatever they were.

"A lot, actually." You retaliated, not even hiding your utter vexation.

She stuck her chin in the air as she smoothed down her bun, eyes scanning the workplace.

"Oh? Do you have a boyfriend or something? Teenage relationships are only supposed to last a couple weeks, right?" She continued, turning back aroiund in defeat when there was nothing to scrutinise.

You scrunched your face up at her unabashed invasion of your personal life. Pretending to scratch a stain on the counter, you raised one shoulder in a shrug.

"I don't really think my boss is who I want to describe my personal life to...no offense." You muttered, dropping her demeaning gaze.

Lara arched a thin eyebrow, sitting up against the packing side. She was wearing some smart navy capris and a blazer to match. Her shirt was loosely buttoned and you didn't like the uncomfortable feeling she gave you. With just one look, you knew she was one of those who were willing to let another suffer as long as she got a couple of pennies in her pocket. One thing that did catch your eye, was the calf tattoo poking from her pant leg.