"Te quiero" [10]

𝙉𝙤𝙬 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜: 𝙈𝙮 𝙊𝙝 𝙈𝙮- 𝘾𝙖𝙢𝙞𝙡𝙡𝙖 𝘾𝙖𝙗𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙤

A/N:  THIS SONG IS SO RELATABLE TO THE STORY LIKE, WTH? (Long chapter ahead!)

                                                    ~

Half limping, half crawling you made your way over to your gym locker.

 "The fuck, Mikasa?" You hissed as your friend bounded over to you.

 There was a dramatic difference in her appearance. For one, her dark make up had been cleansed and she had a fresher look to her face. It was as if she had awoken from a deep and overcasting dream and was a renewed person. This was only for gym, of course. The moment she pulled out her make up bag, the small look of innocence would disappear.  She looked so much like her old self, it made some part of you think everything was back to the way it once was. But things in Sina had changed. Things had changed.

 "Sorry. If you're not on my team for dodgeball then expect me to beat your ass. That's the way it is." She laughed, pulling the plain white t-shirt over her head and rooting around in her gym bag. 

 "Yeah, but it doesn't mean you have to annihilate me!" You shrieked, rubbing your bruised limbs. 

 "Well, I'm an Ackerman, it's what I do." She grinned, unapologetically.

 She whipped your behind with her gym shirt to accentuate her point and you smiled because with Mikasa, that's just how it worked. Tying the laces of your Converse you pouted at her.

 "It really hurts, though. I might even need to go to the nurse's office." You complained, flexing your arm before it cramped up.

Mikasa threw you a look.

 "What? Do you want Armin to come kiss it better? I saw the look you two had in the café." She teased.

 She didn't miss your eye roll. Mikasa had entirely misinterpreted the situation. But, you'd rather she'd assume a potential (and completely fictional) romantic relationship between you and Armin than find out the real truth. 

 "I don't like Armin like that. I mean, he's more of a brother than anything." You admitted.

 "That's how it begins..." She sighed in a dreamy sing-song voice.

 After a waiting for Mikasa to finish changing and re-applying a simple coat of her gothic make up, the two of you headed back over to your locker, accompanied by the shrill cry of the bell.

Mikasa held your bag out open for you as you removed your textbooks for yet again another weekend of revision.

 "So, what are you doing when you get home?" She questioned.

 Halting your actions in confusion, you gaped at her.

 "I thought me and you were gonna hang out." You mumbled, sounding like a child rejected from a play date.