Chicken Wings and Confessional Things [19]

𝙉𝙤𝙬 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜:  𝘿𝙞𝙖𝙧𝙮- 𝘼𝙡𝙞𝙘𝙞𝙖 𝙆𝙚𝙮𝙨

                                                    ~

The repetitive hum of Dionne's portable, electronic fan was annoying, yes. But, it was the only thing stopping you from going insane. The sweltering heat from the outdoors was so incredibly dizzying that you were sprawled out on the floor in the living room. The tv was playing a re-run of 'Friends' which Dionne accepted as an opportunity to insult the entire cast as she usually did. Saying how it was overrated and if people had let her "stardom" shine through, she would be the next Marilyn Monroe. It was a far cry from the truth. The only "wasted potential" Dionne possessed was becoming a tv critic since she took the occupation very seriously.

You, on the other hand, paid no attention to the television. Aimlessly, you swiped at the candies on your phone and collected useless power-ups. It was too hot to do much else. Sina's climate would forever be a mystery to you. It would be showering it down with Vitamin D one day and thundering the next. You completed the level with a sigh, eyes glancing at the message Armin had dropped into your study groupchat.

There was another reason why you weren't enjoying your weekend. Armin Arlert. How true were Louise's words? You hardly knew her, but then again...did you know him? Sending him a text would be tricky...then again, so would direct confrontation. Asking Mikasa would result in arousing her suspicions on you. With a frustrated groan, you rolled onto your side. Dionne glanced down at you with a raised brow.

 "It's Candy Crush, you're not exactly reciting the periodic table. What's up?" She questioned, stopping her light-hearted rant.

 "Nothing much. It's just too warm." You replied, it wasn't a lie, just a fraction of the truth.

Dionne switched the tv off and shook her head at you as she pressed a finger to her chin.

 "What would your mother say...Oh yeah, go and utilise your time revising. Just because it's the weekend, it doesn't mean you shouldn't study." She warned.

 Speaking of your mother, you felt the twinges of sadness.Living here for just over a month had done some things. Of course your parents called and texted incessantly but it wasn't the same. It was a lie if you said you weren't missing them here in Sina. You gave Dionne a hypocritical look.

 "But Aunt Dionne, you said at my age you were hooking up with the football coa--" You began before Dionne flapped her arms in an attempt to silence you.

A pillow was tossed at you in vexation as she rolled her eyes.

 "I don't recall that event. But, that's besides the point. I'm only telling you this so you don't end up like me." She sighed, resting against the cushions.

 You sat up, crossing your legs in front of you.

 "What's wrong with you?" You retorted.

 As far as you were concerned, Dionne was still a stellar example of an adult. Sometimes she didn't give herself enough credit.