Hearts On Edge [23]

𝙉𝙤𝙬 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜: 𝙂𝙚𝙩 𝙍𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩- 𝙅𝙚𝙣𝙣𝙞𝙛𝙚𝙧 𝙇𝙤𝙥𝙚𝙯❟ 𝙁𝙖𝙗𝙤𝙡𝙤𝙪𝙨

---

 can't begin to express how much I adore this song! have fun with this chapter, everyone!

                                                      ~

Litter skipped along the path, catching a drift of breeze and beginning to levitate. You had never compared yourself to trash before but today? It felt fitting. The sky was soaked was a leakage of burnt oranges, timid pinks and brash purples. Summer breeze and ocean water engulfed your nostrils and it was a pleasant smell, calming even.

You glanced below you at the mischievous waves, tickling and tackling sunbathers and castle-makers. By Lord had you missed Sina. The new pier was impossible to look away from. A spiralling Ferris Wheel was already turning, guided by the elated screams of the enjoying civilians. It was evenings like these trouble found its way along. Namely, the boy on the far end of the pavement, besides the pier entrance.

His dark hair blew into his eyes to the point he was genuinely eating it and an involuntary laugh escaped your lips, witnessing him choke on it. Blushing slightly, he raised a hand in an odd sort of wave whilst, he attempted to fight of the effects that wind had in his hair.

 "Eren!" You called out, picking up your stroll into a bursting sprint as you rushed over to him.

 It wasn't until your face collided with his chest, in a desperate hug, that you realised how much you missed him. Gone were the summer scents of the sea. Instead, you were smothered in Eren's woodsy musk and his coconut hair shampoo. He held you in his arms for a moment, the bustle of the world around coming to a gentle stop. 

 The brunette pulled back from the embrace, bringing you into a kiss instead. Whilst your lips were more than a little desperate, his were teasing. With his tongue flicking against your bottom lip, your lips parted in welcoming but he pulled away with a chuckle. He was messing you around and he knew it.

Your lips could only chase after his, breathlessly, as he kissed up to your ear. Catching your lobe between his teeth, he chuckled as to which you hissed.

 "Missed you." He murmured, grazing his teeth between the gap of your ear and neck.

 Never had your body felt so warm and you absolutely adored it. God, he was so incredibly dizzying. Glancing upwards, you found his jade green eyes already on you, sparkling like he was the sun. Not like he was a wanted criminal...

 "I missed you, too." You replied, knowing the words were one hundred percent true.

 With all your school and work, all you had really wanted was to be back into his arms once more. That evening lying in his arms in his darkened room was most certainly not enough. His calloused fingers found the gaps between yours as he held your hand.