Conflicted Relationships [22]

𝙉𝙤𝙬 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜: 𝙈𝙚 & 𝙐- 𝘾𝙖𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙚

                                                           ~

A shrill ring chorused through the Ackerman household as held your finger against the doorbell. After your scare with Armin yesterday, you were too conflicted to sleep. It was early in the morning and if you were a phone, you'd be running on three percent battery life. The Ackermans would probably be home. It was a Saturday morning, after all. After another few moments of incessant ringing, there was finally a shuffle with the lock behind the door.

The door was pulled open, painfully slow, and Levi poked his head around it. Once he fully caught a glance of you, he pushed the door open wider.

 "Morning, Mr Ackerman. Is Mikasa in?" You questioned, rocking back on your heels.

 His thin, arched eyebrow quirked up at your querie and as he debated his answer, you decided to take him in. There was nothing wrong with a bit of window shopping at the end of the day. His grey eyes were stormy and conflicted. It didn't seem as if he had much sleep either. It was no secret that he was an insomniac but it seemed like this sleepless night was for a different reason.

 "No. She left earlier to go to that weird coffee shop...what was it called...?" He muttered, lips pursing in thought.

 "Gloom & Brew?" You suggested, remembering the coffee shop Mikasa mentioned that she shared her poetry.

 Levi snapped his fingers, pencil that was tucked behind his ear threatening to topple.

 "Yes. That was it. She'll back soon. Are you stopping by...or?" He replied, hand enclosing around the door, once again.

After a moment or two of thought, you stepped forwards.

 "I'll wait here, if you don't mind." You tentatively replied.

Levi nodded and spun on his heel, expecting you to follow. You scrambled into the house, shutting the front door behind you. As usual, the house smelt citrus and freshly cleaned. You guessed Levi had to do something in all that time he wasn't asleep. The fluttering of paper drew your attention as you followed Levi into the kitchen.

 "Tea?" He questioned, placing his files down and collecting the kettle.

 "No thanks." You mumbled, giving him a dismissive wave.

 You rested your body against the counter, watching as he gracefully poured his tea into his China cup. Guilt washed over you as you glanced at his case files. Levi caught you gaze and glared at your folder of the brim of his tea cup.

 "Fucking Jaegers. I don't understand how they manage to get away every time. And as for Paradis Pleasure? They seem to be into the world of business and organised crime rather than grand theft auto. I wish I knew what to do." He confessed, sipping his tea.