Hit Or Miss? [26]

𝙉𝙤𝙬 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜: 𝘽𝙚𝙖𝙪𝙩𝙞𝙛𝙪𝙡- 𝙎𝙣𝙤𝙤𝙥 𝘿𝙤𝙜𝙜❟ 𝙋𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙒𝙞𝙡𝙡𝙞𝙖𝙢𝙨

This chapter contains sexual content!

                                                    ~

In the last hour, Dionne had rambled non-stop to you about so many things. The pair of you were in the yard which Dionne refused to cut ever since her gardener (that she spent weeks drooling over) spent his summer away in Puerto Rico.

 Now, it was a near-jungle, the blades of grass entwining like Rapunzel's braid. She didn't seem to mind as the brushed off some dust on the outdoor tables. You perched on the wicker basket she claimed she'd use for the picnic the pair of you were going to go on.

 "Honestly! You don't understand how hard it was to keep up my 'Miss Serious' act. But it worked, didn't it? Here you are, with a completed high school career. All you need now is your diploma. Can't wait to get embarrassing pictures of your graduation." The curly-haired woman sighed.

She took a long sip from her homemade cocktail and rapped her French nails against the glass of the table as she awaited your response. Remembering the fact you were meant to be in a conversation, you willed your leg to stop trembling as you pasted on a smile of interest.

 "Yeah, it's a huge relief." You responded, sipping your mocktail to avoid elaboration.

Your answer has been forced out of you. You didn't want to speak. You didn't even want to breathe knowing the weight of the text on your phone. That naive reply from Mikasa was inflicting emotional guilt onto you from every angle.

Dionne excitedly clapping her hands together dragged out of your all-consuming thoughts. Her eyes were alight as she leaned in, pushing her hair out of her face.

 "There's also something else. I know I've been a little stressed-out of constantly peeved recently but, there's a very good reason. It's to do with my work...just guess!" She grinned, maybe a little tipsy off of her cocktail.

 It was today of all days that Dionne had come out of her funk. The one time you weren't ready to match her exuberant energy. The mood was just too elated for the way you were feeling. You didn't deserve to feel this way.

 "I have no clue, Aunt Dionne." You deadpanned, exhausted with your constant, forced smiling.

Your jaws ached from the unnatural stretch and you were getting pissed off. Fuck this anxiety that was quenching you. Forcing your jiggling knee still with your hand, you swallowed hard. The sweet drink no longer sitting right in your stomach.

 "You didn't even guess! No fun. But anyway, I've decided to leave my current workplace and go private! I'm tired of people judging me with one look at my work profile. It will be a breath of fresh air to me and my clients." She announced, enunciating it all with jazz-hands.