Matchmaker, Heartbreaker [30]

𝙉𝙤𝙬 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜: 𝙎𝙡𝙤𝙬 𝘿𝙤𝙬𝙣- 𝘽𝙤𝙗𝙗𝙮 𝙑𝙖𝙡𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙤

                                                    ~

 "So you have a dress but no date to the prom?" Louise questioned as you closed the cash register.

You handed the spare change to the customer and clicked your tongue. If you had a dollar for every question that came out of her inquisitive mouth a day, you'd be a thousand dollars richer. Rubbing your temples, you leant against the counter. Ever since Mikasa had made it very clear she wanted nothing to do with you, you had picked up double shifts at Tybur Titan Mart. There days with no nothing. You had incessantly rang her and messaged, only to eventually take Armin's advice and give her space.

He was still contacting you, but the clipped conversation made a lot of things clear: he was Mikasa's friend first, not yours. God, your heart was in so much pain, barely hanging by a thread. Too many secrets shredding it up from the inside. Taking your mind off of your inner thoughts, you focused your attention back on your all-too-eager co-worker.

"Not exactly. Mikasa would probably want to go with Armin." You shrugged, playing off your sadness with a fake laugh.

Louise pulled her hair out of its low-bun and carded her hands through it. The shop was quiet once again, nothing but the churn of the air conditioning. Sunshine sprinkled through the automatic glass doors, casting a glow on the sweeped floor.

"Really? That's a shame. So many girls in the art department would have wanted to die to go with him. You're with him all the time, how do you not find him hot? And what about Mikasa, she won't go with you? Or...are you bringing the hottie with the car?" Demanded the blonde.

You clamped a hand over her mouth, pressing a finger to your lips. God did you regret ever mentioning the cars and Eren. Her eyes blinked rapidly before she got the hint, taking a step back from you and your hold.

"Okay, sorry, my bad. I'm guessing this whole prom situation is because of car-boy. Things always work out in the end. When push comes to shove, something has to fold. That's just the way the world is. Don't worry about it too much." She advised, tapping your shoulder as she made her way past.

What had to fold to make things go back to the way they once were? You knew the answer, it was plain and obvious from day one. But, you refused to listen to your conscience. You wanted to be selfish this time around.

A small, girlish squeal escaped Louise's lips as she regarded the latest customer customer, frozen in place like a criminal caught during a bank robbery. Turning to face the customer, you groaned out loud.

"y/n." Grinned Jean, elbows pressed up on the counter as he winked at you.

A pair of sunglasses were hung on the breast pocket of his shirt, that he hardly buttoned. Louise gasped, shuffling over to you.