A Heart With No Home [35]

𝙉𝙤𝙬 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜: 𝙐𝙣-𝙗𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙠 𝙈𝙮 𝙃𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩- 𝙏𝙤𝙣𝙞 𝘽𝙧𝙖𝙭𝙩𝙤𝙣

                                                     ~

What was a heart with no home? More importantly, what was heart? Everyone knew a home of sentiment, sensuality and an archive of detailed memories, but a heart? It was the hardest thing to give away, the easiest thing to break. A heart was different, it was a network of feeling and a compass of emotion. It wasn't as personal and unique as a home, but it was intimate, sacred. So easily swayed by another. So easily encompassed by another. A heart was dependent, unable to be without another.

Whether you counted love as something drastically romantic, or something completely platonic, something that was just one of the charms of communication, one thing was true: left alone, it malfunctioned. It decomposed, decayed, deteriorated. It was powerful, constantly at the ready to react. But, it was so easily wounded. It was simply too easy to twist the knife and harm its Achilles. The strongest place in the body but also the weakest; the place where hate and love sat side by side. The place passion and poison continuously collided it a battle of morals and mischief.

Maybe that was it, maybe it wasn't the heart that was faulty, maybe it was its wearer. Maybe it was the emotion that fed the heart. Stupid, stupid love. The thing that made it soar and sing, sear and scream. Or maybe it was love that was the true enemy here. Maybe the lover. There was something that caused a constant push and pull between the heart and love, they got on like a house on fire and burned like one, too. Many, many people discovered that the hard way. An hell, did they know had to start the blaze. The perfect delirious concoction that ignited the body and incinerated it.

Eren Jaeger did that once upon a special time. On those lazy evenings where he would come along like a special Prince Charming and take you home, drive you to school. Eren Jaeger who stuck to your side like glue. Stubborn as a mule and clingy as a sloth, always ready to react to anything. A lot like the heart. Once upon a special time, he called you his one and only, his Trouble, his Bonnie...his lover. Eren Jaeger who never once showed any shame into showing you who he truly was. Eren Jaeger who could never lie to you, never pretend, because he had a girl who was be there and never turn him away.

A lover who, despite everything, would have happily done anything to keep them together. A lover who couldn't stand them being apart. A lover who made the mistake of leaving their stupidly fragile heart in the most callous of hands. Hands that touched you frequently, hands that were constant pieces of reassurance, affection and emotion. Never did they make a move wrong, they were always ready to lift you out of the mud and send you soaring so high into the air it felt like you were touching stars.

But, by the end of this. It felt like you had been dropped into a puddle of self pity. I'm your dreams, every once in a while, you saw him there. Stupidly teasing smiles and always brooding eyes. Everything about him was intense and passionate. Upon meeting him, has you ever endured an uneventful day? Squeezing your eyes shut, you willed another tear not to fall. Every tear was another extra minute you spent remembering memories that had died. It had been a lot like that, this past week. This past week of mourning and wallowing in defeat.