Preordained [02]

~

                                                      ~

Vehement silence adopted its presence around you and you Mikasa. Some unspoken agreement between the two of you made you find yourself heading back to the familiar path of Mikasa's home. She walked slightly ahead of you, mumbling and muttering under her breath. You trailed behind, too afraid to approach, as per usual when she got into these moods. 

Three days was the amount of time you had been back in town, yet some parts of you felt like Mikasa had changed in so many ways and you were more or less the same. As if, when you had left for Washington D.C, you had pressed a pause in your life. This was your life, Sina City was everything to you.

The two of you crossed the road to a nicer side of town, a residential estate that was fairly new. Mikasa had moved over here to live with her cousin after the death of her parents. She slid the silver key into the lock and pushed open the modern front door. Her lips curled into a sly smile, your argument seemingly forgotten.

 "Shoes off, you remember what Levi is like." She whispered to you.

How could you forget Mikasa's cousin, Levi Ackerman? You spent years of your life quietly fangirling over him. You removed the laces of your shoes as you crossed into the threshold of her modern home. Scents of vanilla hung around the air and the many windows allowed as much natural light in as possible.

 "Mikasa, are you back?" A deep voice called from the sitting room.

 Your friend grabbed your wrist and dragged you over to find Levi seated the couch, a crossword file on his hands.

 "Yeah, I am. You'll never believe who's back!" She grinned, pushing you towards him.

 He crossed his right ankle over his left knee and reached out for a cup of tea or the coffee table. His hand surrounded the rim of the cup, completely ignoring the handle. It was a peculiar style but then again, everything about him was peculiar. His raven hair fell into his silver eyes as he glanced at you from over the rim of the cup.

 "y/n. How could I forget? Hopefully having you back here will sort out Mikasa a bit." He muttered.

 "There is nothing about me to be sorted out!" Huffed Mikasa, dark lips pushing into a pout.

 Their resemblance was kind of uncanny, it brought an involuntary smile to your lips.

 "Oh yeah? Tell that to the trash bag I told you to empty out three goddamn days ago!" He barked back.

 "Whatever." Mikasa replied, turning to leave the room.

 You gave Levi a quick wave.

 "It was nice to see you again, Mr Ackerman." You called, heading to the stairs, hot on Mikasa's heels.

When the the two of you were halfway up the stairs, that were decorated with hanging plant pots, Mikasa have you a disapproving look.

"You can quit drooling now." She scowled.