On The Down Low [09]

~

                                                     ~

Sliding into the keyhole, the rigid piece of metal unlocked your front door with too much sound for comfort. Your eyes caught sight of Dionne's car in the driveway and you swallowed. Never in your life had you been in a situation like this before. Pushing the door open, you tentatively poked your head around it, hoping that your movements would be muted. Kicking your shoes off, you contemplated what Dionne's reaction would be. It was nearing eleven pm and it was a school night, you most certainly not had expected to be home so late.

 "y/nnnnnnnn!" Came a drawled wail from the living room.

 You stiffened. Dionne? You rushed over past the foyer and peered into the darkened room. The curtains were left open causing the streetlights from outside to offer some kind of eerie illumination. Dionne was sprawled out over the couch, still clad in her glad rags, an empty and generously large wine bottle balancing on the floor whilst she poised the wide rimmed glass in her hands. The deep purple liquid swirled around and around. Drunk. Most definitely drunk. 

 "Staying out late? I called you so many times." She teased as she sat up, curly masses of hair spilling into her face.

 "Uh. I was just walking around, trying to get familiar with Sina again. I guess I lost track of time..." You mumbled.

 "If there's a boy, y/n, I promise I won't tell!" She giggled placing a drunken finger to her lips.

 Dionne had a big mouth. Worse than that, she was a drunk conversationalist. Without meaning to, things just managed to find a way to "slip" out. You placed your keys on the coffee table whilst you thought of an excusable lie, straightening out your wavering voice.

 "Aunt Dionne, why have you been drinking?" You asked, cleverly switching topics.

 She stated down at the dregs of red wine and raised a shoulder in a shrug.

 "A therapist needs their own therapy, dear. You do realise it's a school night. You were sent over here to focus on finals...not doing whatever you were doing." She attempted to scold but her smiling face said otherwise.

 You switched from foot to foot, still trying to kept in this pent up excitement and adrenaline that was coursing through you. Trying your best at an apologetic look, you turned to your aunt.

 "I'm sorry. It won't happen again." You mutter.

 Dionne waved off your notion, stumbling to her feet and almost falling over until you reached out to steady her.

 "Honey, I don't exactly care. Just get me to bathroom before I throw up all over myself." She gasped out.

 After sorting out Dionne and helping her bustle into her room, you headed back downstairs, removing your phone from to large pocket at the front of your dress. You cringed to see several messages and missed calls from Mikasa and a surprising couple of texts from Armin. Mikasa was questioning about calculus homework whilst the blonde was casually checking up on you.