THIRTY-SEVEN

"Why are there so many?" Freya yelled, fighting off all the possessed Specialists. The girl really needed to work on her stamina once this was over. She didn't see her friend anywhere. That could either be a good thing or a bad thing.

"Too many." Riven grunted, kicking someone to the floor. "Do you see Poppy?"

Freya shook her head. "No. That's good right?"

"You tell me."

Freya sighed, elbowing someone to the floor, knocking them out. She looked up and saw more coming their way. "Riven."

The boy turned to see what the girl was looking at. More and more Specialists came their way and before they knew it, they were outnumbered. "Shit."

"What do we do?"

"Fight?"

"Gee what a great idea. Why didn't I think of that?" Freya rolled her eyes.

Riven scoffed. "You asked a dumb question."

"Move." They both heard as the possessed Specialists made a walkway to the voice. They were both relieved to see the one person they were worried about the most walked closer and closer to them.

"Poppy!" Freya smiled.

Riven looked at the girl. Something was off with her. And he can see what it was. "That's not Poppy." The boy stopped Freya from walking towards the girl. 

"What?"

"Her eyes."

And sure enough, Poppy's eyes were red, like every other Specialist here who was controlled by Sebastian.

"Shit." Freya whispered as she gripped on her sword tighter. The girl knew she was no where as good of a Specialist as Poppy. She only hoped Riven could do all the work.

Poppy grabbed her sword out and held it in front of her. She looked at the pair before slowly walking towards them and attacked. She blocked Riven's attack, kicked him to the side hearing him let out a grunt. She dodged Freya' attack, moving towards the right as Freya missed, kicking her on her back. Riven got up and with more determination, and tried his best to continue his attack.

But he knew how good of a Specialist Poppy was. But her weakness was always defending. The girl relied heavily more on attacking than defending. Riven was the opposite. But if he wanted to tire the girl out, he needed to continue his attack, even if she kept blocking them.

Freya got up from the floor and joined the boy. She too started her attacks, but Poppy was too good. Freya felt something tugging on her ankle and before she knew it, a vine popped out and pulled her onto the floor. She fell with a grunt.

Riven's eyes widened as he looked at Freya and back at Poppy. Her eyes' changed from red to green to red again. When the boy thought the girl couldn't be both a fairy and Specialist, he was wrong. Because right now, that was exactly what the girl was right now. And it was scary.