TWENTY

"Poppy!" Riven yelled as the girl was still walking. "Poppy!"

Poppy sighed and turned around. "What?"

"We're not done with the conversation."

"About what?"

"You know what."

"I don't."

Riven sighed. The girl was always so stubborn. But he was willing to put his foot down, and compromise. "You're a fairy?"

Poppy looked down. She didn't need more people to know about her secret. It's called a secret for a reason. "It's complicated."

"It's a yes or no question."

Poppy shook her head. "Can we not talk about this right now?"

"Then when can we?" Riven asked. "Since when do you lie to me?"

Poppy scoffed. "I could say the same to you."

"I lie, to protect the people I love." Riven defended. 

"What makes you think I don't do the same?"

Riven shook his head. "Why can't you be honest with me? Do you not trust me?"

"Do you think it's easy to deal this by myself? Who else could I tell this to?"

"Me!"

Poppy shook her head. "It's better if no one knew."

"Why? Huh? You have so many people who care about you who could help. Why won't you let people help you."

"Because they always end up leaving me anyway."

Riven sighed. He was doing such a good job, fixing the girl again. Letting her experience life as she always did. But after one slip up, she's going down the darkness he was once in. But because he loved the girl so much, he was gonna do everything he could to bring back the positive, adventurous girl he once knew and loved. And still loves.

Their moment was interrupted by Sky. 

Why does this keeping happening?