THIRTY-FOUR

Poppy calmly walked through the woods. She wondered if anyone ever cut these trees. The branches were growing too much and sooner or later there would be no pathway to walk through.

WTF Poppy. Who thinks about this?

Sorry. The girl couldn't help it. She was absolutely terrified. As much as she wanted to look strong, her heart was pounding out of her chest and she wouldn't be surprised if her peers heard it. I mean why else would they keep looking over her?

"What?" Poppy asked a pair of first year Specialists who kept looking at her. 

Both girls looked around and walked faster towards the front. Poppy rolled her eyes. People really need to learn to mind their own business. 

"Poppy Pops." The girl heard. She looked around to see every Specialist minding their own business. "Poppy Pops."

"Mum?" The girl whispered.

"Hey."

"I've been trying for days."

"I know. I'm sorry. I've been stuck on the other side trying to get our connection back. But I need to tell you something."

"What?"

"You have to trust Sebastian. He's telling the truth... about everything. You have to trust him."

"But mum he's..."

"You have too. Or else Sky dies. You don't want your only family to die right? Let alone your twin. Your other half."

The girl was confused. What did her mom mean that Sky was gonna die if she didn't trust Sebastian? Wait back up, how did her mum even know who Sebastian was? Poppy was about to ask before she saw something else.

Sky was being held up in the courtyard, blood dripping everywhere. Sebastian stood there, grinning at his artwork. He used his earth magic to tightened the vines on Sky's neck.

"So lovely to see you Poppy. If you want Sky to live, you turn around and go back to Alfea. Say this to anyone and Sky's dead. I look forward to seeing you again."

Poppy stopped and regained her breathing on a nearby tree. Freya immediately looked back at her friend. 

"Poppy, what's wrong?" Freya asked her friend. "Did you?"

Poppy quickly nodded. "I need to go."

"Go where?"

"To Alfea. Sky's in trouble." Poppy said, turning the other way. 

"Poppy..."

"I need to go. I have to save him." The girl gave her friend one last hug before setting off in the opposite direction.

"Poppy!" Freya yelled as the girl turned around. "Be careful ok?"

Poppy nodded at her friend. "You too."

✄-----------------------------

i would love to hear what you all are thinking of what's gonna happen in the next chapters!!