TWENTY-NINE

Musa watched the boy watch Poppy's disappearing figure. She couldn't help but chuckle which caught the attention of Riven.

"What?" Riven asked.

Musa shrugged. "Nothing."

"No say it. Whatever it is you have to say."

"You clearly still love her." Musa pointed out. "So what's stopping you from being with her?"

Riven sighed. "It's complicated."

"Then uncomplicate it."

"You Fairies. I can't just tell her I love her. After all the shit I did, who knows if she even wants me back." Riven admitted.

"Oh she does."

"Really?"

"You know for someone who's always an ass, is oblivious when it comes to Poppy."

"That literally made no sense."

Musa shrugged. "It did to me."

Riven rolled his eyes. "So how do you suggest I win Poppy back? Assuming I want her back."

"Don't ask me, my magic is gone. I can't tell if she still likes you." Musa was having the time of her life teasing the boy. Of course she knew Poppy still loved Riven. But did the boy need to know that? Nope. It was fun watching the boy fuss around.

"Oh ha ha."

After a few hours of training, Riven said a quick bye to Musa before walking back to his room. He was exhausted. But he was grateful for the conversation he had with Musa.

It made the boy think. If he truly did want Poppy back, what's stopping him?

He clearly still loves the girl, but things are just so hectic right now. Was a relationship really the time right now?

They all had bigger things to worry about.

And the boy hoped and prayed that when things are over with Sebastian and the Blood Witches, he and Poppy can finally be together.

✄-----------------------------

anyone wanna see cute riven and poppy chapters before shit happens??