NINE

Poppy sighed, changing out of her clothes. She spent the last 3 hours at the library, reading about every Fairy that exists. She needed to know everything. She needed to know what she was getting herself into. It was just the basic elements. All of her friends' magic could easily be her magic.

But the question was, when will it come? Each Future Fairy was different. So when will she experience other magic powers? This was too confusing and tiring. 

The girl took a quick shower and settled herself in bed. Freya was knocked out on her side of the room. She plugged her phone in her charger and closed her eyes. Sleep didn't come naturally to the girl that night.

"So Riven, let's make this as simple as possible."

"Ok."

"What did you see?"

"Nothing."

"Nothing?"

"Yup."

"You asked for it."

And before the boy knew it, he was hearing noises. Left and right, he heard all sort of noises. But the one he could depict was Poppy's voice. She was calling for help. The boy panicked, where was she? And why the hell were his legs not moving?

"Riven, help! Riven! Riven they're gonna..." One last word, a scream was heard and blood was shown coming out of Poppy's body who magically appeared in front of him. He wanted to walk over to her, comfort her, hold her, his legs didn't move. Why was his legs not moving? 

Riven couldn't take it anymore. Looking at Poppy's dead body in front of him was enough to make him snap out of  Rosalind's trance. "Ok... I'll tell you."

Poppy gasped as she woke up from her dream. She looked around to see Freya still fast asleep. She quickly got out of her bed, put on a hoodie, and fast walked in the direction of Sky and Riven's room. She knocked on the door, repeatedly. She knew this was an asshole move to come knocking at 2AM in the morning. But she needed to know.

The door abruptly opens showing a pissed off, shirtless boy. "What?"

Poppy was startled a bit by Riven's tone. But she knew he would be pissed from waking him up from his sleep. The boy really valued his sleep. "Hi um..."

"What Poppy? This better be a good reason as to why you're waking me up at 2AM."

Poppy slowly nodded. She couldn't tell the boy the reason why she was here. The vision she had. Then she'll have to tell him her secret. So the girl swallowed hard and said, "nothing."

"Nothing?" The girl didn't miss the disappointed face on the boy. 

Poppy needed to push those emotions away. "Sorry for bothering you Riven." With that the girl disappeared down the hallway.

Riven watched her figure, feeling sad as she disappeared and away from his sight. At least he was happy to see nothing happened to her. After what he went through with Rosalind, he was glad to see the girl in the library happily reading about something. It made the boy breath to know she was ok. Not dead like how Rosalind made it seem. "You were never a bother to me, Poppy Seed."