NINETEEN

Poppy sighed as she took another hit. She started smoking again. It was always a horrible habit she tried quitting. She was 2 years sober until recently. Her life was just so shitty that she needed an escape.

"Since when did you start smoking again?" Riven asked the girl.

Poppy looked over and shrugged. "And you care why?"

Riven nodded, sitting down next to her. "I deserve that."

"And a lot more."

Riven sighed, taking out his own cigarettes and lit his own. The girl looked at him. "What? I thought I'd join you."

Poppy scoffed but took another hit. "How kind of you."

Riven looked at the girl. There was no denying how different she was now. Her blonde hair got darker, her eyes looked like she hasn't slept in days, she just looked so tired. And he wanted to ask why. The boy knew she valued her sleep. If she didn't her 8 hours of sleep, she'll complain. He shook his thoughts away and tried lighting his own. Only his lighter wasn't working. "Damnit. C'mon."

All the girl wanted was some peace and quiet. But nooo her ex-boyfriend had to bother her. She was getting annoyed. But what happened next surprised her. One minute she was pushing her hair out of her face, the next, there was fire coming out of her index finger and lighting the boy's cigarette. But what's scary? She did it without knowing. 

"Poppy, your eyes are orange." Riven said.

Poppy shook her head, snapping out her thoughts. "What?"

Riven looked at her. It wasn't possible. There was no way the girl sitting in front of her was a fairy. There was no way. He was about to ask her until they were interrupted by someone.

"Hey, you good?" Flora asked, sitting down across from the two.

Poppy rolled her eyes as she took another hit. As much as she wanted to like Flora, she just couldn't stay away from her ex-boyfriend. She gets it. Riven is hot. But did she not remember their last conversation? And it didn't help she could feel every freaking emotion Flora was feeling.

Knowing a girl who wants your ex-boyfriend was annoying.

God, she really needed Musa's help on how to block other peoples' emotions out.

"Mm-hmm." Riven said, a little annoyed someone interrupted his conversation with Poppy.

"Oof! You're not a good liar. Hey Poppy."

Poppy half-smiled. "Hey." She said, taking another hit.

"Is this where the bad boy offers the new girl a hit?" Flora flirted.

Oh God cringe. Could Flora not see these 2 were busy right now?

"Nah, new girl would say no. Or new girl's friends would find out. Either way, drama waiting to happen." Riven said, tired of this conversation. He wanted to end it quickly to talk to Poppy.

"What did she say to you?" Flora asked.

Riven shrugged. "More drama waiting to happen."

Terra came over and smiled. "Here you are. How do you feel about darts? Me and Freya versus..."

"What did you say to him?" Flora asked Terra.

Terra looked at Riven then to Poppy then to Flora. "Don't you see what's going on here? I told you about their past. You just couldn't leave it alone?"

Poppy felt uncomfortable. She felt like she shouldn't be a part of this conversation. "I'm just gonna go."

"What did I say? Drama." Riven said, following the girl.