TWENTY-SEVEN

"Sky. Sky." Poppy said, shaking the boy. Ok he asked for it. The girl got up, open her water bottle, and poured all the water down on his face.

"What the fuck!" Sky yelled, wiping his face.

"Hi."

"Hi? Was that necessary?"

"You weren't waking up."

Sky groaned, standing up and looking around. "What happened?"

"You tell me. You were on night shift, so why were you laying there unconscious?"

"I don't know. I don't remember." Sky said, massaging his temples. "What are you doing here?"

"I um... I saw you in my dream. Someone came and put their hand on your shoulder to make you unconscious."

"Your magic?" Sky said as Poppy slowly nodded. "Right. Got to get used to that."

"Can we talk about it? Please?"

Sky sighed. "I really wish we didn't."

"Why? You're my other half Sky. And whatever it is you want to know, tell me. I can't have you hating me for this."

"You think I hate you for this?" Poppy shrugged. "I don't Pops. I just... I thought you could trust me to tell me about it."

"I do Sky. I just, you were already dealing with so much already. I didn't want to be a burden to you with my problems."

Sky shook his head. "You'll never be a burden to me. Like you said, you're my other half. You can tell me anything."

Poppy nodded. "I know. And you can tell me anything too. Like what happened with Andreas."

Sky sighed, looking down his feet. "It was self-defense Poppy. You have to know that."

"I know."

"But yet I feel so guilty. Andreas was a dick. He was a poor excuse of a father."

"Sky.. you know deep down even if he hurt you in the past, he's still your father. You used to look up to him. It's ok to grieve for him."

Sky nodded. "I know. I'm sorry we couldn't find out what his plan with Rosalind was."

Poppy shrugged. "It's whatever now. We have bigger problems to worry about."

"I missed you. I missed us. We don't talk a lot anymore."

Poppy chuckled, laying her head on his shoulder. "I missed you too."

"So is now a good time to ask you about Riven?"

Poppy rolled her eyes. "Nothing to ask. We're..." The girl didn't really know what they were at the moment. "I don't know... it's..."

"Complicated." They both said at the same time.

"Then uncomplicate it."

"Easier said than done."

Sky shrugged. "What did I tell you before? If you want Riven back, you have toput your foot down and make the first move."

"But that's the thing Sky... how? I don't know where to start."

"Well I can take a wild guess and ask about the beginning of the school year. Maybe that can get you both closure to move on."

Poppy sighed. "Ok that happens and then what? What happens after that?

Sky shrugged. "That's for both of you to figure out."

Poppy hated how uncertain the future was. In a perfect world she wished she can know exactly everything that would happen in her life. She wanted to make things work with Riven. But a part of her was scared. 

Scared that something might happen to him. Even if the girl could see the future, she couldn't predict what would happen to her or to the ones she loves. Pushing Riven away would make it a lot easier for the boy to grieve if things didn't go her way. It's just better this way. 

But was it?