TWENTY-ONE

Flashback

"Poppy! Poppy!"

The girl quickly wiped her tears before turning to face the boy. "Yes?"

"What the hell?"

"What do you mean?"

"Since when do you lie to me?" Riven said.

"Me? When have I lied huh? You've been lying to me all this time." Poppy argued.

"About what? Huh?" Riven crossed his arms across his chest.

"What happened to honesty in this relationship?"

"I've been honest with you."

"No you haven't." Poppy yelled. 

"You're not honest with me." Riven yelled back. 

"I know what I saw ok. I know you and Dane and Beatrix have this weird threesome going on that I tried ignoring. Ok. I've been ignoring it for weeks, months now. But what I just saw, you, them, Rosalind, my dad, since when the fuck are you close to my dad?" 

"I can say the same with you."

"What?"

"How many times did I hear you complain about Andreas? Oh he's such an ass. He's not even a good Specialist. He's this, he's that. Blah blah blah blah." Riven raised his voice a bit to imitate the girl.  "You hate the guy but yet you're still trying to play daddy's favorite." 

"I have my reasons why."

Riven rolled his eyes. "Oh right. Yes the reasons that you can't tell me." Poppy sighed. The boy she saw in front of her wasn't the same boy she fell in love with. "What happened when you died? Something happened. You came back as a completely different person."

"And you didn't?" 

There was silence between the two. Both were staring intensely at each other. "I don't think I can keep doing this." Riven admitted. He didn't think it'll come down to this. But to keep her safe, this needs to be done.

"What?" Poppy's voice broke.

Riven harshly swallowed the guilt and regret. This needed to be done. This was the only way. "We clearly don't trust each other right now."

"And who's fault is that?" Poppy whispered, mainly to herself, but the boy heard. And it broke his heart. "Why do you always hurt me? Why can't you just let me in? Please..."

Riven shook his head. Don't cry, don't cry. "I'm sorry." With that the boy walked away. He wanted so badly to turn back and pull her into the tightest hug ever and never let go. Her cries echoing in the halfway drove him insane. He never meant to hurt the one girl he loves.

Hanging out with Dane and Beatrix was just part of the plan. He'll never physically cheat on the girl. But emotionally? He did just that. Without even knowing. 

And because of his mistakes, he needed to suffer the consequences. 

✄-----------------------------

sorry i've been shit with updating . school has been crazy and i'm most positive i failed my midterms but what else is new. and it didn't help i hit a bad bad writer's block

BUT DON'T WORRY!!

i'm back!! so expect daily updates my lovely best friends!!