THIRTY-ONE

The girl sighed, leaning her head back on the tree. She was exhausted. Her friends have been nothing but patient with helping her with her new powers. But from juggling that and training, she really had no time to herself anymore.

Then it brought her back with her conversation with Riven. She knew she was being selfish. She couldn't choose whether she wanted to be a Specialist or a Fairy. Why can't she be both? What's the harm in that?

Poppy was optimistic. She knew once she mastered how to control her magic, she would be an unstoppable Specialist. Like was there such thing of a badass Specialist with fairy powers? Uh no! Poppy would be the first one.

And the girl's ego would sky rocket, not like it hasn't already.

What a boast to her ego and confidence.

"You look like you need some company." Riven said, sitting down next to the girl. Call him a stalker, he didn't care. He's been hiding behind a bush watching the girl in her own thoughts.

Poppy looked at the boy. "And if I didn't?"

Riven chuckled. "Didn't stop me the first time."

The girl couldn't help but smile. The pair fell in complete, comfortable silence. It's not like the 2 didn't know what to say, but they just didn't want to say anything. They knew there were stuff left unsaid with how their relationship ended. But the two really didn't want to talk about it right now.

If there's anything the 2 learned over the years was that with one look, with one vibe, they can tell if they didn't want to talk about something. As surprisingly as it sounds, they both understood each other. Their wants, needs, they knew it all.

So how could they not be together?

Well... it's... complicated.

"How's fairy training?" Riven suddenly asked.

"Tiring."

Riven chuckled. "No doubt. Are you at least getting your 8 hours of sleep? I remember how cracky you get if you didn't get 8 hours of sleep."

Poppy smiled to herself. This is what she loved about the boy. Even if he looked like he didn't care, oh he cared... a lot. He remembers the little things. "I try."

Riven nodded. He's been having a mental battle with himself. A part of him wanted to talk about everything. Why he had to break up with her. Especially since now both Andreas and Rosalind are out of the picture, he was a free man. He was allowed to make his own decisions now. Which is why he did what he did by asking the girl.