SEVENTEEN

"I can't believe you convinced me to go here." Poppy complained as she took a seat at the bar. Rosalind was out for the day so her friends decided to go to a pub in Blackbridge called The Grapevine. Cute place. But the girl wasn't in the mood. She needed to find out more about her powers.

Freya shrugged. "You've been sticking your nose in all those books. Girl you need a break."

"Here we go. Cheers." Grey said, setting down some glasses of beer.

Aisha used her magic to create ice cubes to drop in the beer. Something Grey said it'll help with the taste if it was cold. And besides, it was fun to watch Aisha use her powers.

Poppy looked at the ice cubes hovering over each glass. As the girl stared at the ice cubes, there were more building on top of the ice cubes Aisha created. Impressive. 

"Wow. Aisha, didn't realize you could do that." Bloom said.

"Me neither." Aisha said, confused. "1, 2, 3." The ice cubes dropped as Poppy clicked her glass with Sky, Grey, Aisha, Bloom, and Freya as she chugged her beer. She chuckled when Bloom and Aisha cringed. They still have not been used to the taste of alcohol.

"You guys didn't finish." Freya chuckled, setting down her empty glass.

"Cheap alcohol mixed with different cheap alcohol." Bloom said, cringing at her drink. "Uh continue drinking and... and just... and picture me drinking with you." The girl said them walking away.

"Yeah I'm gonna go find Riven. He's usually vomiting in a corner about now." Sky said, walking away.

Poppy and Freya looked at each other. Poppy could feel Aisha's feelings for the boy. So she thought it was best to leave them alone. "We're gonna dance."

Poppy pulled the girl away, not before winking at Aisha. They accidentally bumped into someone. "Oh my gosh we're so sorry."

"Hey don't be." A man said, walking away.

Don't trust him. He's not who Bloom thinks he is. Remember Poppy, remember.

Remember what?

Just remember.

"Poppy? You ok?" Freya asked.

Poppy jumped. "Who's that?"

"Said his name's Sebastian."

Poppy looked at the man who was already looking at her. She couldn't pin out who he was. Why was her mum telling her not to trust him?

"He looks familiar."

"Never seen him before."

"I could have swore he..."

Freya was confused. "Poppy, you're kinda freaking me out... again."

"Sorry I just... have been dealing with a lot of shit."

"Clearly." Freya rolled her eyes. 

"Frey.."

Freya shook her head. "Don't. It's just you've been different ever since you came back from the dead. Like you're hiding something. And I'm not one to prey on it, but don't you trust me?"

Poppy quickly nodded. "I do."

"Then tell me." Poppy sighed. She didn't know if right now was the right place to tell the girl. She'd rather it was in a quiet place. "That's what I thought."

Freya looked at her best friend and left. She thought her friend would tell her everything. Their friendship was never judgmental. They can tell each other everything. Even as gross as their monthly period talks.

Why not this?

What was Poppy hiding?