.fifty two

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

 ▎Chapter Fifty Two

"Kookie, are you free right now?" Taehyung asked while he hugged Jungkook from behind. Jungkook replied with a smile and a light kiss on Taehyung's cheek. "If it's you, I am always available. 

Taehyung can help his cheeks heating up as he heard Jungkook's words, "Nonsense." He retorted and rolled his eyes. Jungkook chuckled in response as he faced Taehyung and cupped both of his cheeks.

"What are you doing?" Taehyung questioned. 

"I want to kiss you," Jungkook said as he leaned in and kissed Taehyung. The kiss felt fantastic. It felt like both a promise and an embrace. Their lips moved in unison, like two puzzle pieces colliding.

They parted, looking into each other's eyes while gasping for breath. Jungkook had to admit that his eyes were really pretty. It was beautiful shade of brown, the light reflected on his eyes, making the irises appear brighter than ever, it was truly captivating.

"I love you, Jeon Jungkook." Taehyung declared. "Will you marry me?" Taehyung knelt down while tears were streaming down his cheeks as he took a ring from his pocket.

"I've been thinking about it for a long time, but I really wanted to be with you. For years, decades, and eternity. Are you willing to be with me?... I'm sorry the timing is so bad, but I just love you so much."

Taehyung sniffed loudly as his eyes welled up even more than they had before. Jungkook was rendered speechless by the unexpected proposal. He knelt to wipe his lover's tears as he replied, trying to calm his racing heart. "Don't cry, baby; I was planning to propose today as well," he said as he pulled the box from his pocket and placed the ring on Taehyung's finger.

"Yes, love, I will marry you; will you marry me as well?" Jungkook asked, smiling.

"Yes," Taehyung sobbed as he placed the ring he had made on Jungkook's finger.

They both looked at each other lovingly for a moment before laughing. They were not expecting a proposal at 3 a.m. while still in their pajamas. Taehyung could feel himself crying even more from happiness, but that didn't stop him from kissing Jungkook again. It was full of love this time. Jungkook wrapped one arm around his waist and rested the other on his shoulder. His fingers were intertwined with Taehyung's.

This moment might be their best moments. The one where nothing mattered.

Nothing except each other.

And their future.