Prologue

One year.

12 months to be exact have passed since Carina and Remington split up as a couple and went their separate ways to keep each other safe. While they both agreed it was in the best of their interest and would help keep each other safe, not a day has gone by since then they weren't in each other's minds. Nevertheless, they wish nothing but the best for each other and hope to remain good friends in the near future.

After being accepted back to Trouvaille University when the school righted their wrong actions the previous year, Carina has worked her way to the top of the student population as one of the most hardworking and determined student there, earning everyone's respect and admiration. Happy to know she's one year away from achieving her goal, Carina is beginning to grapple with the consisting conflict she's been having of whether the career she wanted initially as a music producer is truly the career she wants.

Meanwhile, Palaye Royale have managed to become one of the most successful breakout rock n' roll bands of their generation. They've named their beautiful fan community, the Soldiers of the Royal Council, in honor of their supporting mother (Stephanie Rachel Cowper/S.R.C.). Remaining in Los Angeles for most of the year since their tour run in Europe, the band have been working nonstop on their brand-new record, "Boom Boom Room", which will be bigger and better than "The Ends Beginning".

As everyone around them is excited for this new record and possibly their first headlining tour in the U.S., Remington has kept to himself ever since breaking up with Carina and refuses to move on. Keeping the locket with her picture hung around his neck, Rem secretly wrote songs for the new record that were inspired by Carina and how he's still in love with her after all this time.

All their friends and loved ones do their best to remain supportive and caring to one another as their life moves ahead and changes that come their way will hit them harder than they could ever expect.

***

December 2nd, 1969

Remington's POV

Waiting at the diner which I was able to rent out for the night after making a deal with the owner, I waited eagerly for my loving angel whom I asked to meet me here for a special evening. I fixed the collar on my tux which I was wearing and looked out the window near the booth I was sitting at. I remember how adorable her face was when I asked her out a day ago, and how I told her it meant something special. She was confused when she wasn't sure what that day was, but I said nothing more about it except to dress formally and to not be late. I was a little nervous since I've never really done this for another girl because I've never been with anyone as long as I have with Carina. But I was beyond grateful I was able to continue being with her, loving her, and cherishing her. It was about a minute before she was supposed to arrive when I spotted her car through the window turning the corner and parking close to the curb in front of the diner.

I saw the car door open and as soon as she stepped out, my breath was taken away to see her dressed up in a black, off-the-shoulder dress and wearing her hair curled up and cascading over her shoulders. There was a black rose in her hair and she wore a chain necklace to compliment her outfit. I stood up from my seat and smiled as I watched Carina walk toward the door and I went over to open the door for her. As she stood in front of me and smiled and blushed so adorably, I stood in awe of the beautiful creature who looked so lovely and carried me in her heart. "Carina", I said to her, admiring her from head to toe, "You look so stunning tonight." She giggled, making me love her even more, and then she looked at me and told me, "Thank you, Rem. You look so handsome." I leaned close to plant a small kiss on her cheek, the gesture made her blush even more. I offered my hand for her to take, and once she took it, I led her to the booth where we would be sitting. She sat across from me and her smile and her eyes shone so bright, I almost lost myself in them.

"I'm really happy you did this for me, Remington", she told me, "But what's the special occasion for all this?" I reached into my pocket and pulled out a piece of paper, handing it to her. She seemed confused at first until she opened it and gasped after realizing what it was, "It-it's the note I gave you after I got you that motorbike, Rem! You kept it all this time?" I chuckled and declared, "Of course I did, ma chérie. And I brought it especially for tonight because today marks our one-year anniversary since we said "I love you" to each other and I kissed you for the very first time." Her expression dropped when I told her that, and I saw tears gather in her eyes as she covered her mouth in surprise. "You-You remember...when you said you loved me?", she could barely speak clearly because she was crying quietly. I rested my cheek on my hand and reached for hers across the table, "Oh, Carina. Every moment I've ever shared with you is a milestone in my life. You are an important part of my life as my brothers, my mother", I raised my hand up to emphasize my point, "You're a part of me just as I am with you." She continued crying and then kissed me across the table before I ordered us some food for the evening.

For the rest of the evening, me and Carina talked and laughed and reminisced on how far we've come in our relationship, and how happy we've been since we've worked to stay together this long and never have a wavering sense of doubt. When we were finished and I paid for everything, she stood up and took my hand to lead me outside of the diner and then behind the building. I looked at her confused, "What are we doing here, Carina?" She bit her lip in embarrassment and held both my hands and she answered my question, "That night you took me in here when the place was closed, there was a moment when I held you tight in my arms, and then you did the same." She stepped closer to me and our faces were a couple of inches apart as she continued, "It was when we were holding each other so close and so securely that I realized I was in love with you, and I knew no matter what I might tell myself or any risks I was getting myself into, nothing would ever change the fact that I loved you and you wouldn't leave my mind or heart. Ever."

I gazed deeply into her eyes as they stared back into mine with love and desire, then I caved in and pressed my lips against hers, she kissed back eagerly while wrapping her arms around me and I held her close to me. I kissed her passionately and she seemed to pull me closer as she ran her hands through my hair, I grinned in our kiss. I picked her up and held her higher as I continued to kiss her and savor this moment as our lips moved together in perfect sync. After another minute or so, she pulled away and rested her head onto mine, the feeling was so comforting and peaceful, I'd give anything to make this moment last forever. "I love you so much, Remington", she whispered to me, and I grinned in ecstasy as I said back to her, "I love you too, Carina." What did I ever do to have a beautiful angel come into my life and make me feel more blessed and loved than I ever have before?