Chapter 41

"Are you sure this isn't too much?" I stare at myself in one of the many mirrors in the entrance hall of the house. "Kid, you're going to one of the biggest business galas, there's nothing exaggerating about a red satin dress," Alexis assures me. "But it's not just a red satin dress, it's a red maxi satin dress with the biggest side-slit ever, you can literally see my right hip. And not to mention the hole between my breasts that my crossed sleeves cause," 

"The crossed sleeves are actually my favorite part," he winks at me. "Well they're not mine, it's just too much," 

"Why would you pick a dress and then complain about it?" 

"Because you didn't give me enough time to find a dress, this is the best I could find in a span of twenty hours," 

"You look beautiful, Kid, I promise. The makeup is perfect, especially the red lipstick, you're curls are completing the look and your dress isn't too much, just wait and see what the other women are wearing tonight." 

"Are you sure?" I turn away from the mirror and look directly at him instead of through the mirror. "I'm one-hundred-percent sure. Now put your shoes on so that we're ready to leave as soon as G is done," he gestures with his hands for me to hurry. "You're telling me to put my shoes on when you're not even wearing your tie," I point at the spot where the tie is supposed to be and he looks down. "Fuck," he curses. "Wait, I'll get it for you," I offer while laughing. I look around and find it laying on the couch in the living room. "Here you go," I give him his red tie. He grabs the tie, turns to the mirror behind me, and put the tie around his neck, looking kind of confused. "You don't know how to wear a tie do you?" 

"Well, obviously not. Sorry for being used to wearing my kitchen clothes all day long and not being familiar with fancy ties. G ties them for me the few times I've worn them but I usually skip them which I couldn't do today because we were supposed to have some kind of matching outfits," he tells me while fighting the tie with his hands. "It really completed you're all-black suit so it's a good thing you didn't skip it," I continue laughing at his slight annoyance with the tie. "I'm really not glad about not skipping it though," 

"Here, let me help you," I step in front of him taking the tie from him, causing his hands to relax and fall to his sides. "It wasn't that hard now was it?" I ask him jokingly when I'm done tying his tie as I step aside and let him look at himself in the mirror. "Where the hell did you learn to tie like that?" he asks as he adjusts the tie while looking at it in the mirror. "I learned from a tutorial on youtube," I tell him as the warm memories flood my brain. "There was this one time my brother Sirius was going on a date with a girl he had been crushing on forever and had finally asked her out to a fancy restaurant. He, of course, wanted to look fancy too so he wanted to wear a tie with the slightly oversized suit he had borrowed from our dad. But neither dad nor mom was home to help him with the tie so I searched it up and tied it for him, and ever since that time I've been the one to tie his ties, or at least the few ones he wore. And I also tied many of Miles's ties too, not to forget that." I don't even know why I added the last part, it just came up in my mind along with the memories, making my feelings go from warm feelings to annoyed ones. 

"It's safe to say that you are a professional tie tier then," Alexis jokes, leaving no heavy feeling to this conversation not letting it turn into something emotional as it could have. That's one of the things I appreciate the most with him. "I guess so," I laugh "You let her tie your tie?" Gia Sophia teases Alexis as she walks toward us while putting her earrings on. "How do you know that I didn't tie it myself?" 

"Because I know you, you would never tie it that perfectly. I'm not even choked that you still havnät learned to do it yourself," she smoothens her yellow flowery dress as she speaks. "Thanks, G,"