Chapter 19

It's been two hours since I got home and there is still no sign of Miles. I took off as fast as possible in another taxi after he left, thinking that I would find him at home since he told me that he thinks that we should head home but I came home to a dark and empty penthouse. I tried to call him but his phone was switched off, so I left a couple of messages asking where he is if he was okay and telling him to call me when he sees my messages, in case he turns his phone on. I have no idea where he could be, and that really annoys me. If I were the one to disappear he would've found me like an hour ago and that is because I've let him in on my life, on how I think and what I do but he always keeps me in the dark. The only Miles I know is the one he is when he's with me, I don't know him without me, on a regular basis, what he does, what he doesn't do, or where he might disappear in situations like this, and it's really not my fault, I've tried several times to get to know the other sides of him but he just would never let me. 

I'm only asking to know that he's alright right now. He can get all the alone time he wants after I've made sure that he isn't in any trouble because he was really upset when he left and Miles is already short-tempered as he is, I don't want him going and picking on fights with people on the streets. I don't even have common contact with him, no one that I know knows him. I don't even know his frien- and that's when it hit me, Alexis, his only friend, how could I forget about him? I pick up my phone and scroll through my contact list, hoping that I have his number. No number of Alexis was found, obviously because I meet him one time so why would I have his number? But I could call his restaurant and ask for him, can't I? I curse myself as I try to remember the name of his restaurant while holding my phone between my hands, ready to search for their number, but it is of no use.

As good as the food was I just can't remember the damn name of it. I put my phone down beside me on the couch, rest my back on the backrest and stare into the ridiculous picture of me that Miles insisted on hanging on the wall, claiming that my brown top goes well with the beige design of the living room. I tried to convince him to hang a picture of both of us but he just would agree and insist that he just doesn't like taking pictures, which is true. He enjoys photographing me be he never lets me take pictures of him or us together, except this one time when both of us were dressed up really nice because we went to an elegant restaurant which happens to be Alexis's restaurant. Omg Alexis's restaurant, we took the picture in front of Alexis's restaurant, the name must be in that picture. Hope fills me up as I take pick my phone up again and start looking for the picture. I was right. Our first and only selfie was taken in front of Alexis's restaurant and the name is written in the background with big golden letters "The taste of Greece" 

The phone starts ringing as soon as I've typed in the number that I searched. There seem to be many orders because it takes twenty minutes for a woman to pick the phone up and welcome me to "The taste of Greece" and ask what I would like to order on this fine evening and I almost tell her that I really wish it was a fine evening but I manage to push the reflex back and begin with what I called for. "Hi, I'm actually not calling to order anything I just want to talk to chef Alexis," I tell her. "Sorry miss, but Alexis never talks on the phone, he's always so busy," she answers. "Please just try to put him on the phone, tell him it is really important," I try again with my voice cracking and I think that I made her feel sorry for me because she tells me that she's gonna try go and talk to him. "Miss, he said that it is really that important then you could manage to wait until he's finished what's between his hands." 

"Tell him that it is very urgent please and tell him I'm Nova." I really hope I made a good first impression that would make him remember me because that could really help right now. "Nova?" a familiar voice answers after a few minutes of waiting. "Miles? Is that you?" 

"No, It's your mom" he answers while laughing. "Hello Nova" another voice talks before I have the chance to continue my conversation with Miles. "Alexis?"