Lucien chuckles and holds the gun out to me.

"Nirah you better fucking shoot him or I will," he says. He looks pissed, I dont think I've ever seen him so mad.

I take the gun from him and shoot the man in the head. His blood splatters over our legs. Lucien smirks and I frown.

Damn it these were my favourite heals.

"Lucien, what the fuck was that?" I say turning to him.

"He touched you," he says taking the gun back from me and shoving it in his waistband again.

"No shit he touched me Valentino, but why did you go all crazy?"

"I wasn't just going to stand there and watch him try to fucking touch you again Nirah," he says harshly, he doesn't raise his voice but I can tell he's still mad.

"I could've delt with it myself," I say. I'm sick of him trying to control everything. I'm just as good of an assassin as him. I could do it myself if I wanted to.

"I know you could love, do you never fucking listen to me? I know you're fully capable of taking care of yourself. I know you can kill anyone you want to, hell you could kill me if you tried. But I couldn't just stand there and watch that happen to you! Even if I do hate you," he shouts.

I stare at him in shock of his outburst, I've never seen him so unhinged before. He barges past me and starts walking down the ally, "come on Nirah, we're going back to the hotel," he says not looking back at me.

I can't really think straight right now so I just follow behind until we reach the street. Lucien flags down a taxi and it stops at the pavement and rolls down it's window. I see the drivers eyes widen at the blood on us, before they can drive away I bend over to talk into the window to them. "Fancy dress party, it's just makeup," I say smiling at them.

"Oh wow, very realistic," they say relieved in their thick Italian accent.

"Thank you I did it myself," I say. I tell them the address of our hotel and they tell us to jump in.

I didn't realise I was so exhausted until I sat down in the taxi. My body instantly shuts down, I let my head fall back onto the taxi seats and I close my eyes. It's been a long day and I just need to rest and take it all in in the morning.

"You tired?" Lucien asks me. I just nod my head lazily. "It's a long car ride, you'll get a sore neck if you sleep like that," he says next me.

"I really couldn't care less about my neck right now," I say tiredly. It is quite uncomfortable but I don't have the energy to move.

I feel him gently guide my head down to lay on his shoulder, I'm too tired to protest and this angle is considerably comfier.

"Just so you don't complain to me about how sore your neck is later." His deep voice is the last thing I hear before I fall asleep.

--♤♡◇♧-♤♡◇♧-♤♡◇♧-♤♡◇♧--

I feel someone lightly tapping my cheek and I slowly open my eyes.

"We're at the hotel love," Lucien says to me. I'm still laying on his shoulder but he makes no move to get me off and I'm too sleepy to care.

"I'm too tired to move," I whisper shutting my eyes again.

"No Nirah. Open your eyes again," He says gently, tapping my cheek again "I'll leave you in the fucking taxi if you don't get up." I groan but I open my eyes and lift my head up anyway. "I've payed already come on," he says opening to door and stepping out, I shuffle over to his side to get out the door he's holding open.