Chapter 4: Music to my Ears

Jordan

"Baby girl wake up." Jordan spoke softly as he walked into his daughters bedroom

He smiled at the sight of Jordyn sleeping peacefully in her twin size bed and thanked God for her. Becoming a father at the age of eighteen was not in his plans, but he took pride in being a father to his beautiful daughter. Although he was always traveling for shows, he made it a priority to take time out for Jordyn. She came first in his life and always would.

"Come on Jordyn, it's almost noon, we slept in too late." Jordan said as he walked to her bed and rubbed her back

She stirred in her sleep before opening her brown eyes and looking up at her father.

"Hey pretty girl." Jordan smiled, "How'd you sleep?"

"Good." Jordyn returned her fathers smile "I had so much fun at uncle Dom's birthday party daddy"

Jordan laughed as flashbacks of Domonique's birthday dinner ran across his mind. Noah was beyond drunk, Markell cracked jokes all night, and despite Dom not being a fan of birthdays, he seemed to have enjoyed himself. Meanwhile Jordan was grateful that he made it back into town in time for the celebration, he loved spending time with his brothers.

"Me too baby." He smoothed down her wild, thick, and curly hair that sat in a puff on top of her head "Come on and get out of bed so we can eat something"

"Waffles?" Jordyn asked as she sat up in her bed

"Your wish is my command" Jordan answered as he helped her out of her bed

"As always." Jordyn said with a laugh as she stretched her body

Jordan shook his head at his daughter's comment, he couldn't disagree with her because she was right. Anything that his daughter needed or wanted, he provided. She would never hear the word no come out of his mouth.

"Girl, go ahead and wash your face and brush your teeth, then meet me in the kitchen." He stated as they both walked out of her bedroom

"Can I help you make the waffles daddy?" She asked

"Of course baby girl, you know I can't make them without you." He flashed her a smile

"Yeah you'll burn them if I don't help you." She said smartly before quickly running down the hall to the bathroom

"She got that smart ass mouth from her mama." He mumbled to himself then laughed as he walked into the kitchen

Jordan stayed in a two bedroom condo in downtown Atlanta and he loved it. He was rarely home, but when he was he never had to worry about anyone just popping up to his residence unannounced. He was ducked off and out of the way, just how he liked it.

Once he made his way into the kitchen, he pulled out waffle mix from the pantry, sausage links out the fridge along with a carton of eggs, and some mixed fruit from Dom's party last night. As he prepared to pull out pans to get breakfast, well brunch, started, his cell phone started to ring. He picked up his iPhone 12 pro max off of the counter and pressed the green icon answering the call.

"Hello" he spoke into the phone as he grabbed a bowl out of the cabinet and poured waffle mix into it

"You have a collect call from inmate...." He heard the automated voice say

"Jamal Walker" He heard his older brothers voice on the receiving end

"At the Georgia Department of Corrections. Press one to accept the charges-"

Jordan quickly pressed one before the automated voice could continue talking.

"Happy Sunday brother." He said into the phone as he poured water into the waffle mix