Chapter 14: Heart to Heart

Domonique

August 2022

Two months had quickly passed by since Noah's birthday party and it was now the end of August. Dom was still recovering from his small breakdown that took place at Jordan's apartment but he was having a hard time due to the fact that he and Morgan still weren't on the best of terms. They checked in on each other once a week through text message and that was about it, no phone calls, facetimes, sleepovers, nothing. Domonique missed her, he felt like a part of him was missing and to cope with that feeling he smoked marijuana. It was the only thing keeping him afloat at the moment, he was still handling business within the streets which kept him on go mode. But without Morgan by his side, he was more irritable and quick tempered than before. He had gotten stricter when it came to running his drug cartel and locked the streets down even more due to the fact he had yet to cross paths with the niggas who was set up shop in the Southside projects, but he knew the day would come sooner rather than later and he was ready for it.

"Just go see her, you've been on a warpath since y'all stopped talking, might be time to make amends". Grand's advice replayed in Domonique's mind as he stood in front of Morgan's apartment door. It was Saturday afternoon and Dom took Grand's advice and came to see Morgan. He wanted to respect her wishes and give her some space but it had been two months and Domonique figured she'd had enough fucking space. He felt a mixture of emotions, sadness, hopefulness, and anger, they had been apart for too long and it was time to make shit right.

He stood at her door with a bouquet of red roses in one hand, a box of dozen glazed Krispy Kreme donuts in the other, and a Walmart bag filled with maxi pads and various chocolate candies hung from his wrist. He knew Morgan and her body very well which meant that since it was the end of August, she was on period so he came prepared. Domonique took a deep breath before pushing her doorbell with his elbow, a few seconds later the door swung open and Morgan appeared in the doorway. Dom took in her appearance, she wore a gold bonnet on her head, one of his t-shirts, a pair of black sweatpants, and her feet were covered with purple fuzzy house slippers. Her face was fresh and clean of any makeup or blemishes.

"Hey beautiful." Dom greeted her with a smile

Despite not wanting to, Morgan returned his smile with an even bigger smile of her own. She was not expecting to see Dom, but seeing him after two months of hardly any communication made her heart flutter.

"Hey Dom, what are you doing here?"

"Came to see you." He answered simply, "Brought you some shit, I know it's that time of the month." He passed the roses to her

Morgan smiled, "Thank you, come in." She moved out of the doorway so Domonique could enter her apartment

"These are so pretty Dom." Morgan admired the roses before closing and locking the door and followed him into the kitchen

"So are you." Dom smirked as he placed the bag and donuts on the counter "I brought you something to eat." He pulled a Chick-Fil-A bag out of the Walmart bag

Morgan's face softened at the gesture, "Thank you, you didn't have to do all this." She expressed as she placed the roses on the counter and looked at Domonique

"I wanted to." He shrugged his shoulders, "I miss yo ass Morgan, it's been two fucking months dawg. We ain't never went no more than two days without speaking to each other, you got me fucked up." He rambled

Morgan sighed before rolling her eyes. She indeed did miss Domonique, probably more than he missed her but she needed to take a few steps back from whatever it was they had going on. She was already pissed at him for missing her art show, then the shit he pulled at Noah's birthday party only added more fuel to the already burning fire. Morgan was fed up and although she probably should have communicated her feelings to Dom, at the time she just couldn't. Too much shit happened at once and Morgan just needed time to herself.