Chapter 23: The Storm

Noah

The heavy pitter patter of rain could be heard loudly hitting the windows in Noah's and Rayne's apartment. It was Saturday, a rainy one at that. The forecast called for rain and thunder on and off all day which was fine with Noah because he loved rainy days. Being that he was always on go with work and community events, on rainy days he had the chance to lay around the house and just relax which is exactly what he and Rayne were doing. They laid in bed together cuddled up watching Set it Off, it was early in the afternoon and the couple had been in bed all morning having sex and letting various movies play in the background. Now that they were both satisfied and worn out, they were now actually watching a movie and enjoying one another's company.

"I love you sweetheart." Noah kissed Rayne's forehead as she laid on his chest

She looked up at him and smiled, "I love you too baby."

"Speaking of baby, how are you feeling?" Noah asked referring to her and the baby

He was hesitant to have sex with her because she was pregnant and wanted to be extra cautious since she was coming to the end of her first trimester. He didn't want to hurt her or the baby, but Rayne was practically begging him for sex this morning and he couldn't tell her no. So, he took his time with her, made sure he was extra gentle, and asked her if she was okay every so often. He felt like he was taking her virginity all over again.

"I'm fine, the baby is getting hungry though. I think nugget wants some tacos." She answered

Nugget was the nickname Rayne came up with for the baby since they didn't know if they were having a boy or girl yet.

"Is that so? Does Nugget want the tacos or does nugget greedy ass mama want them?" Noah joked

Rayne slapped his bare chest before laughing, "I am not greedy. I'm eating for two, so I need all my meals plus snacks."

Noah laughed, "Rayne, you've been greedy since before the baby. It's alright though, imma always make sure you fed. Tacos it is, once the rain lets up I'll go to the Mexican spot you like."

Rayne smiled at the fact that she was getting her way per usual. Noah treated her like a queen and she loved it.

"Thank you baby. You know we haven't talked about baby names yet, you have any ideas?" Rayne asked him

"Hmmmmm." Noah thought about it for a second as he rubbed her ass, "I haven't really thought about that yet to be honest with you. What you thinking? Cause I know you've thought about it."

Rayne laughed at the fact of how well Noah knew her, she had put in thought behind what they should name their baby and she figured now would be a perfect time to share her thoughts with Noah.

"Welllllll.." She dragged out and sat up in bed so she could look at Noah, "If it's a girl I'm thinking Noelle Ranae McCray and if it's a boy, Noah Adonis McCray Jr."

Noah smiled, hearing that Rayne wanted to name their son after him made his heart warm.

"Ranae after your grandma." Noah stated as he started to mentally process the names

"Yup." Rayne nodded her head, "May God rest her soul. I love the name Noelle as well, it's close to yours. Either way it goes, I want my child to be named after the man I love."

"Girl, imma fuck around and get you pregnant again." Noah smiled before grabbing her hand and kissing it, "But on a serious note, I love those names Rayne. It's a go for me."

Rayne smiled wide and kissed his cheek, "Great! I'm glad you love them. Don't forget we have a doctor's appointment Tuesday afternoon at 3, I'm excited to see Nugget and get an update on everything."