Chapter 21: Just Sing

Jordan

Woke up this morning found a letter that she wrote

She said she's tired that I'm always on the road

Too hard to swallow being alone

She needs someone at night that she can hold

She must of told me a thousand times before

Silent cries I used to ignore

God knows I love her

Didn't mean to hurt her

Jordan's soft yet raspy melodic voice flowed throughout the studio as he sang one of his favorite songs, "Charlene" by Anthony Hamilton while playing his guitar. It was close to midnight and he had been locked in the booth since six pm working on his own music. When he went to the studio to record, he liked for it to just be him and his talented ass engineer Rhythm. He didn't like distractions while he was recording, he got into his zone every time he went into the booth. Jordan was currently working on a mixtape to release to his fans and being that he was a perfectionist, everything had to be perfect. Every lyric, high note, verse, and adlib, needed to be right. He refused to give his fans half ass music because he wasn't a half ass artist.

"You sound good as hell J, shit better than Anthony Hamilton himself." Domonique said as he took a pull from the blunt he just rolled

Every now and then, Dom would pop up on Jordan at the studio and of course Jordan didn't mind him being there. Dom came through just as Jordan was wrapping up his session about an hour ago, Rhythm had already left which gave Jordan and Domonique the opportunity to catch up and kick it for a minute.

Jordan laughed, "I appreciate that bro, but I ain't got shit on Anthony."

Dom shook his head as he got comfortable on the couch, "Nigga please. You versatile as fuck J. You rap, sing, and play like three different instruments, and you DJ. And don't get me started on your stage presence when you perform. You in your own lane man. You got a huge fan base down South especially here in Atlanta, it's only a matter of time before you got the whole world on lock."

Jordan nodded his head. Domonique did have a point, Jordan was well known down South. From Atlanta, to other cities in Georgia, South Carolina, Florida, North Carolina, and Texas. He had over 500,000 followers on Instagram and was known for DJ'ing and being a music artist. Although Jordan loved being a DJ, he was now at the stage where he was ready to take his music career to the next level and become more mainstream. So at the moment, he was more interested in booking shows performing his music versus booking DJ gigs.

"Yeah, you right. I'm really trying to take off with this music shit Dom. I mean I'm grateful as fuck for where I'm at now, but I'm ready for more. World wide tours, platinum sellings records, the BET awards, I just want my music to touch people everywhere." Jordan explained

"It will." Dom replied with no hesitation, "Hell, it already does. You got this music shit in the bag Jordan, don't ever sell yourself short. You've been wanting this shit since we was kids dawg, it's in you. You gone have everything you desire and then some. I promise you that."

Jordan sat quiet with his guitar in his lap as he processed the words of wisdom Dom gave him. He knew Dom was right and he appreciated him for being his raw authentic self and reminding Jordan of who he was.

"Preciate you Dom, seriously man. This shit ain't easy, I question myself some days but you reminded me that I gotta keep pushing. We all gone be at the BET awards one day, you know I gotta have my brothers with me when I accept my award." Jordan smiled