Chapter 6: Proposition

Noah

"Between Jordan and Dom, who you think showing up last?" Markell asked Noah

They both sat in a booth at Hatties Soul Food, the best soul food restaurant in Atlanta, waiting on the rest of the crew to show up.

Noah laughed, "Shit I got my money on Dom, he always late to something."

"Yeah, you right but Jordan has the tendency to lose track of time too. Unlike your punicational ass, you was here 10 minutes before 12 wasn't you?" Markell joked

"Nigga fuck you." Noah smiled as he picked up his menu "Your ass was here at 12 on the dot, so what's your point?"

Markell laughed, "My point is, either way it goes, we ain't paying for our meals today."

"Damn sure ain't." Noah agreed with him

The two of them broke out into laughter as they dapped one another up across the table.

"What's so damn funny?" Jordan walked up to the table with a smile interrupting their laughter

"Nothing, wassup nigga." Markell dapped him up as he took a seat next to Noah in the booth

"Not shit, was hitting bout 90 on the highway making my way down here. I was not about to be the last one here." Jordan said as he picked up a menu

Noah laughed, "See Markell, you had this nigga rushing to get here just to avoid paying for lunch."

"Y'all niggas greedy! A hundred dollar tab or less would turn into a $200 tab fucking with y'all." Jordan explained

Markell laughed and shook his head, "It's not like you don't have it, I know you making bank booking them shows. Speaking of, that appearance you made at Heat a few weeks ago was dope as hell."

Jordan smiled, "Thank you brotha."

The three men looked over their menus and talked amongst themselves as they waited on Domonique. The waitress came and took their drink orders and by the time she made it back with their drinks, Dom had arrived.

"Well look what the cat dragged in." Noah said with a smile, "You bout what," he looked at his watch "10 minutes late?"

Domonique laughed as he sat down next to Markell, "Nigga you a human clock, my bad though I got stuck in all the lunch time traffic."

Noah couldn't help but to laugh at Dom's joke, it was true. He was a stickler for time and always had been, he never showed up to an occasion on time he was always five or ten minutes early and was hardly ever late.

"Thank God for traffic, lunch on you my friend" Markell declared with a laugh

Dom shook his head and laughed, "So be it, I am the last one to show up, I got y'all."

"Well let me go ahead and order lunch and dinner for later." Jordan joked as his eye scanned the menu

"Y'all know money ain't a object." Dom said with a shrug as he picked up a menu and looked over it

They all knew how Dom made his money and none of them judged him for it. Dealing drugs was what he knew, what he lived by, and what he survived on, so they couldn't knock his hustle. The waitress came by again and took Dom's drink order and also took their food orders. Noah order the fried seafood platter that consisted of shrimp, fish, baked macaroni, and fried okra, Jordan order shrimp and grits with a biscuit, Domonique ordered the fried chicken entree with gravy over white rice, baked macaroni, and a biscuit, and Markell ordered smothered pork chops over white rice, green beans, macaroni, and a slice of cornbread. Once the men's orders were all written down, the waitress took their menus and headed to the kitchen to put them in.