The deranged killer prince's guide on toxic love (8)

"Now, will you obey me?" Yves White's voice rang in Alucard's ears. When he had been deprived of motion, only Yves's voice stimulated one of his senses—hearing. The scent of ash, a deep-seated smell emanating from the man's bones, attacked his nose. Even if he wished for it, Alucard couldn't move an inch. Yves stared at the varying changes of the color of his face, seemingly as though he were interested with how fast the micro-changes in Alucard's face occurred as if he wasn't the reason behind them.

Alucard wanted to will up a ball of spit inside of his mouth, then diss it towards Yves's unnecessarily pretty face, but he felt that if he did, he wouldn't have the heart to commit to it since Yves's looks were reminiscent of the system's humanoid form that Alucard would spend a fortune just to lick the instep of. Of course.. it was an exaggeration. He wasn't as depraved like the man right in front of him! The one who was looking upon him with a predatory gaze that Alucard envisioned if he had even moved a little, Yves would open his mouth and devour him whole.

"Why..." Alucard's mouth opened slowly. "Why me?"

Yves's gaze was limpid, nevertheless, penetrating. Alucard felt like he had committed a wrongdoing by asking the man this question. Yves didn't open his mouth for the first few seconds, but soon parted his lips to utter a response.

"When I first woke up, everything around me seemed so foreign. I was unfamiliar with everyone, and everything. But... I met you." On the 'you' part, Yves's fingers crawled over Alucard's face, rubbing his cheekbone with his thumb—an unexpectedly gentle gesture like he was shining expensive pottery. Alucard disliked the feeling of being someone's prized possession. It made him feel like an object, rather than a being coherent of thoughts. Every man he came across ever since he began transmigrating seemed to have a similar thought process to Yves White.

"You were the only one who evoked a sense of familiarity. No matter how much you threatened me, your body ceases to toughen when I touch you like this. At first, I thought it was interesting, but it's starting to get on my nerves. Who the hell turned you like this?" Even though he spoke of being displeased, the expression on Yves's face wasn't embodying that displeasure very well.

Alucard realized something. Yves White didn't just happen to be 'interested' in him out of the blue. In fact, the man didn't seem to care about him at all. He was merely grasping onto anything that he could still associate back with his home.

'Though China and Korea have a cordial relationship right now, big bro, you and I, we come from different upbringings,' Alucard sighed inwardly. Still.. why the hell would he give Yves White a sense of familiarity!? Could it be that he couldn't perfectly capture the vibe of a tyrannical western man of prestige? He was confident his studies of the aristocrats—actually, you could just call it watching movies—was down to the tee! Assuming that the original owner of Alucard's body was still the occupant, he surely would've already swung in Yves's face for uttering this nonsense.

But, he wasn't Alucard, and the only method he could use was to keep denying it until his head turned into a rock. So, he decided to shut off his IQ momentarily.

"What the hell are you talking about like some crazy lunatic?" Alucard gritted his teeth, seemingly angered by the fact he couldn't latch onto Yves's train of thoughts. "Familiar? You and I can't be anymore different. You, born from the hole of a whorish maid, how dare you—"

"I don't know myself either." Yves suddenly admitted, clamping his hand over Alucard's mouth, further compounding the heat of the glare directed towards him. "Your blond hair, and your yellow eyes are all testament that you're supposed to be different, yet everything about you is so comforting."

He lowered his head, laying his head against Alucard's chest. His ear was pressed against the blond's torso, and with every second, multiple beats in the form of vibrations responded back to him as though desperately trying to tell him that he was alive. It was strangely comforting, acting like a cocoon, hidden from the rest of the world. This cocoon of theirs acted as a barrier to prevent outsiders from interrupting. Ever since Yves had opened his eyes to this uncanny world, he had never settled for a moment of peace. Towards the crown prince that clearly expressed his hatred towards him, why did he find his presence soothing?