How to steal someone's lover and get away with it (4)

After falling short on a step, Meng Yiran found himself crouching down with a hunched over figure and a pallid face. The rushed footsteps gradually approached him, and a strong hand tugged at his forearm and pulled him up. To his belated surprise and disappointment, it was not in fact Meng Yixing, but rather Largo Jackson.

After going to such great lengths to make himself appear especially pitiful to garner more sympathy from the statue-like man, his efforts had failed him, and Meng Yixing was no where in sight, until he emerged from behind Largo Jackson, a judgemental and stern mien; lips pursed and eyebrows furrowed, a typical expression Meng Yixing would make whenever he thought Meng Yiran was acting troublesome and ridiculous.

"Meng Yiran! Are you okay?" Jackson bombarded him with multiple questions at once, his expression was sympathetic and contorted as if he were unable to quell his anxiety.

Meng Yiran winched from the strength of an Alpha that had locked onto his arm, but Jackson was too consumed with relief and drowned out anxiety that he couldn't notice the youth's discomfort.

If Meng Yiran was trying to act considerate after acting so outrageously, Meng Yixing didn't want to take none of it. He sneered inside of his heart and stepped forth, positioning himself in between Jackson and Meng Yiran, purposefully cutting off any skin-contact between the occupied pair. He lifted his hand and placed them on top of Jackson's back hand, then squeezed it tight and unclasped them away from Meng Yiran's arm.

"Give him space. I think an Alpha's pheromones are not good for such a distraught omega," Meng Yixing listed gloomily.

As if embarrassed for getting caught and scolded for his outlandish and inappropriate behavior, Jackson eagerly backed away. He scratched his cheek, smiling awkwardly, "I see. I'm very sorry."

Meng Yixing readily faced Meng Yiran again, lowering his head and sniffing at Meng Yiran's neck. An expression of disgust instantly wormed onto his face. He grabbed Meng Yiran's collars and pulled the boy in even closer until he heard Meng Yiran's breath hitch in alarm from the close proximity, and feel the hot breath circulate near his ears.

"These are.." Meng Yixing narrowed them his eyes. "These are very strong pheromones." He finally released Meng Yiran's shirt and the boy sighed in relief, face stained red as he hurriedly fixed his clothes back into place, trying to pretend to be oblivious towards the negative connotation behind Meng Yixing's words.

'Ding! +3 points!'

Meng Yixing felt his head throb, and the corners of his eyes took on a redder tint, whether from astonishment, anger, or grief. Having strong pheromones as an Alpha meant that it was no ordinary Alpha like those you could see walking down the street. Strong pheromones meant that its owner was an Alpha of a high standing, like the sons of some corporation leaders, political figures or business tyrants. Needless to say, those Alphas were merciless. If something or someone displeased them, they could wipe it off from the face of the earth.

Meng Yiran was such a troublemaker, and him being involved with those kinds of Alphas was tantamount to even more trouble. After living his life free from danger, Meng Yixing first tasted what it was like to have such a *pig teammate, and he could not be angered any more than that.

*pig teammate - a teammate that plays very badly and will drag you down along with them. It's a game term.

'Ding! +1 misery point!'

Suppressing his volcanic rage, Meng Yixing swiftly turned back to Jackson, spitting through gritted teeth. "Sorry to cut our dinner short, but it seems like we have to leave. Now."

Jackson looked to be taken aback at first, but his tanned face eased into a faint, understanding smile. "No worries," the corners of his eyes crinkled into three folds. "I understand. Meng Yiran's wellbeing is so much more important than a date." He faced Meng Yiran, a look of regret was plastered on his handsome face. "I'm just sorry that I couldn't have the chance to talk with you. I hope you have a quick recovery... brother-in-law."