The yandere playboy's introduction to being a scumbag (BONUS)

Shortly after being detained, Kuanlin was examined by a psychiatrist and was delivered to a mental institution where he would most of his life there.

Lai Wenxing, who was the to report his once most befriended person in prison, had moved on to become one of the more well-known businessmen that swept up the always developing market after inheriting his father's company only to make it greater than it had ever been back in the years it had seen. The two friends who had once been so close were now further apart than ever, and the one to cause that drift laid peacefully six feet under.

As Kuanlin had no parents to reimburse Gu Jing's parents for the case of rape, Lai Wenxing had taken over the lawsuit and paid all the fees for the funeral and mourning, yet the amount of damage and wounds it had opened for the Gu family could not simply be bandaged with money. After all, they had no need for cash when they were already full to the brim with it.

When Kuanlin had arrived on the scene, the parents of Gu Jing—especially Gu Jing's mother, Alicia, grabbed Kuanlin by the collar and screamed for him to bring back her dead son. Gu Jing's father was more composed, yet even he, a competent businessman, couldn't hide the putrid hatred in his eyes. The entire funeral was heavy with a depressing aura, and the procedures were carried out within silence. No one dared to make even a sound as if that would disturb Gu Jing's peaceful slumber.

It had been a full year since Gu Jing's death, and Gu Jing's parents were now parading around the world and donating to to charities globally. It seemed as though they had shut down the Gu company and was planning to give away all their money as they would soon depart to the land of the afterlife right after Gu Jing. It was a touching and heart-wrenching moment for Lai Wenxing. Even though he himself wished to do that, being the eldest son of the Lai company prevented him from acting on his wishes.

Since it was Gu Jing's death anniversary, Lai Wenxing decided to pay Kuanlin a visit. After all, they still shared a history of camaraderie and Kuanlin was the object of Gu Jing's affections when the latter was still alive. Gu Jing wouldn't want to see his beloved in such a dire state, right? As a friend, Lai Wenxing could only fulfill them even if Gu Jing wasn't alive anymore to praise him... no, the prideful and vain jerk wouldn't do that. He would laugh in Lai Wenxing's face while hiding his gratefulness behind a veneer of haughtiness.

But, now, Lai Wenxing couldn't even revel in being the butt of Gu Jing's mockery. He'd rather be hated by the boy than watch him die right in front of his eyes. But, even as Lai Wenxing spent his nights, curled up in isolation, leaving an empty space on his bed for the person that could have been there; no amount of crying, grieving and regretting could bring back what was dead.

The room Lai Wenxing was in looked more like a prison than a mental institution, but it was still understandable. This wasn't a normal asylum at all. It was housing only the most notorious criminals that were sick in the brain. Perpetrators of homicide, torture, child porn, etc, etc. Kuanlin was pushed into the group of criminals right in this institution where they would try to cure, or at least try to improve the mental states of these deranged wrongdoers.

A glass wall set on a table separated the two together. Behind Kuanlin was a dim-lit room with no furniture, and no windows; just a single door for Kuanlin to exit and regroup with the other sinners.

Both Kuanlin and Lai Wenxing had changed profusely, growing out of their childish features and maintaining a mature aura around them. Kuanlin was the one who made the most noticeable difference. He'd grown out of his small body and took on a more taller and leaner stature, and his facial features sharper and more masculine than the androgynousness they used to set.

His hair was long, extremely long, almost reaching his waist. Bits of black hair were tangled within each other. But, other than that, it had seemed to be well taken care of.