The yandere playboy's introduction to being a scumbag (7)

"What the fuck is the meaning of this?" Gu Jing laughed coldly. His fingers twitched as if itching to bash something into the wall, and in a matter of a few seconds, he was pretty sure it was going to be Lai Wenxing's.

Lai Wenxing finally released Kuanlin's head with a 'fwah' and he tilted his head up at the fuming blond, only an eyebrow raised in response to Gu Jing's question. Kuanlin propelled Lai Wenxing off him, and he twirled back to Gu Jing's direction, a look filled with deep guilt.

"Gu Jing..." he trailed off, trying to grasp an inkling of the situation before he squeezed his eyes shut, and exhaled slowly, "I'm sorry. I can't do this anymore. I..."

"That's all?" Gu Jing's face was unreadable. Even the neutrality of his tone was starting to get intimidating, more so than usual. It could be said that he was deeply enraged this time to the point no clear emotions could be extracted from his body language, nor eyes.

Kuanlin bowed his head, making it harder for Gu Jing to survey the other's expression. Gu Jing had wondered what kind of expression Kuanlin could form right now. Would it be of relief, or hurt? Perhaps, regret? The stimuli of obtaining what he had been wanting from the very beginning went straight to Gu Jing's head. He was almost light-headed from the felicity that bursted inside of him and punctured his lungs, making his breathing stagnant, but in other people's eyes, he might have seemed hurt so badly he was hyperventilating.

'Ding! +3 points.'

'HAAAA? Only three? What the fuck? This is rigged!'

'No reason. I just wanted to be petty and deducted some points. If you're that omniscient, then you should be able to regain back those measly points easily, right?' The system deduced calmly. Even if its robotic voice was monotonous and neutral, Gu Jing could sense that it was, in fact, dissatisfied with his performance. Well, Gu Jing couldn't say anything in his defense. Sure, it was his fault he had lost his marbles for a moment and punched Lai Wenxing, but look at that little vixen, he was seducing Kuanlin properly now!

Perhaps, you really did need to beat some sense into stubborn mules. A feeling of guilt wracked Gu Jing's chest. Yes... this time, it was actually his fault. He acted on his emotions, and lashed out unfairly, thus jeopardizing his chance at reincarnation and risk the system from losing its job. He didn't know whether systems lost their jobs at all, but superiors at work were a real pain in the ass. Gu Jing was sure it also applied to machines like system 3435.

"Are you sure you're not going to regret it?" Gu Jing snapped back into his professional mode, and he widened his eyes slightly as if taken aback by Kuanlin's sudden apology.

Kuanlin's head only lowered even further. He was like a man kneeling for repentance, like a man wracked with sins. Perhaps, his only sin must have been being born too pretty—Gu Jing remarked snobbishly inside of his head. Ah, he was really jealous of the other's smooth, jade-like skin, so white, so pale like a blank sheet of paper. Other people might not understand his obsession, but as an aspiring actor back in his old world, the first and foremost requirement of all rookie actors were to have clear skin! Gu Jing literally had to go as far as to drink snake sake to obtain his unblemished skin, and even that was hard, considering he ate a lot of spicy meals.

"I... Gu Jing," Kuanlin rose his head abruptly. Gu Jing's eyes were limpid and clear like day. He wasn't smiling at Kuanlin warmly like he used to do. Kuanlin felt as though a million ants were crawling over his skin. The urge to scratch his skin lingered on his pores. No, he couldn't bear it. He couldn't bear being the person Gu Jing hated most!

So, he raised his voice higher, "Gu Jing... I...!"

"You're not dumb, Gu Jing," Kuanlin's own best friend, Lai Wenxing, interrupted him, voice piercingly cold as if he couldn't make his hostility more obvious. "I'm sure you know what's going on."