The yandere playboy's introduction to being a scumbag (6)

And, that was how the three of them ended up sitting at the same table. Gu Jing felt like he was seated on a plate of searing metal. He shifted nervously on his seat, while the other two were analogous to statues with their straight postures and stoic expressions. Gu Jing really felt like he had done the wrong thing. Blame him for being too greedy, ah! He shouldn't have brought Lai Wenxing along if he knew that asshole would make the atmosphere so tense.

"Gu Jing, can you stop moving in your own seat like a monkey," Lai Wenxing asked, well, no, it was more like an order than a question, "Cute ass and all, but it's seriously distracting."

"Lai Ge, I'm really... really alright. You can go back now," an expression of great solemness was plastered on the baby-like face. It was somewhat of a comical sight, and Gu Jing literally had to clench his ass-cheeks to hold in the laughter. He felt the incoming round scratching at his throat. He nearly gave up, but got immediately turned off when he looked at Lai Wenxing's rugged, handsome face.

'Well, 10 points for handsomeness,' Gu Jing had already calmed down. He cleared his throat, and rapped his knuckles against the table, calling out 'Miss' towards one of the waitresses in a clear tone. One was coming their way. After achieved what he had wanted, Gu Jing tilted his head in Lai Wenxing's direction, with his chin raised in a disapproving manner.

"You heard what Kuanlin said," he cocked up an eyebrow, "At this point, what you're doing is coercion by staying with someone against their will. You are violating human rights by taking away that very right used to provide personal space. Ever heard of that, Lai Ge?"

'Hnnnnn...! I really sounded like a macho male lead. At this point, even I would fall for myself! I don't really approve of cheating characters, but since I'm Gu Jing right now, I'm an exception~ everybody loves me."

If the systems had faces of their own, a repulsed one could have probably been on its face as of right now. It stressed, "Host, don't let down your guard at all. You have to be in character all the time. This is a very important scene where the writers will highlight Gu Jing's terrible depravity. One of the waitresses here used to be his previous girlfriend."

"A-okay~ I'm on it, boss! No, wait, I'm the boss!"

"Ha.." Lai Wenxing stifled a laugh, he propped up his elbow against the table, exposing a very well-muscled arm, and leaned into his palm, his face tilted towards Gu Jing. The seating was arranged according to this plan—Gu Jing and Kuanlin sat opposite each other, and Lai Wenxing happened to be seated awkwardly in between the couple. Clearly, the restaurant workers also thought of him as a third-wheeler. It was Lai Wenxing himself who was so thick-headed he pretended not to notice the curious glances thrown their way.

Meanwhile, Kuanlin and Gu Jing were about to bury themselves in the carpeted floor out of shame.

"It's not like you're morally superior to me, Gu Jing, you playboy. Didn't you break boys' and girls' hearts every week? Stop acting like you're better than me when all of us gathered here today know that you're doing this to get into Kuanlin's pants."

"Lai Wenxing!" Gu Jing slammed his fist down onto the table. From the force, a fork had bounced off the table. The blond sighed, and he turned towards Kuanlin, a pitiful smile graced his face, the typical face of a white lotus. Gu Jing was enjoying acting two-faced. Now, he could see why all people did it.

"Lai Ge..." Kuanlin trailed off, his voice nasal and soft as if he were on the verge of tears. Gu Jing, a macho man, took notice instantly, and he unexpectedly tried to mediate the problem.

"You are going too far," Gu Jing said in a cold voice with no room for rebuttals, "I'm only allowing you to tag along with us because of Kuanlin—"