How to steal someone's lover and get away with it (7)

"Is it Meng Yixing who... touched you inappropriately?"

Meng Yiran's shoulders tensed up at the unexpected assumption. He scoffed lightly to himself, drawing the curtains back and making them dangle back-and-fro, blocking the neon lights from peeking inside. He turned in Philip's direction with a grimace.

"Is that what you think of your savior?" A loose smile hung on Meng Yiran's lips, making him look especially charming, yet dangerous with the green and red lights reflecting on his cheek and eyelashes. He crossed his arms, his gaze ardent when upon Philip. They were even more incandescent in the shadow like a glinting sword that swore to pierce Philip.

Philip admitted—his heart did shake a little from such a devouring gaze. He had never met such an omega that was so rough around the edges, somewhat similar to a double-edged sword that made Philip feel as though he were prancing with swords. His chest tightened at the sight of the other's face and he was immobile, his knuckles to the tips of his fingers, tense.

"If I agreed with your words... will you hate Meng Yixing?" Meng Yiran's voice was slow and vibrating, going straight to one's head and messing up the line of any coherent thoughts.

Upon hearing Meng Yiran's intoxicating voice and flippant words, Philip's lips were already on the verge of saying 'yes' but he found himself hesitating. Meng Yixing was, after all, his savior, but if he had done something so heinous to Meng Yiran, then was he not a good person after all? Why was it that Philip couldn't stop thinking about both of the brothers? He didn't want to separate himself from them even if they had hidden such a sinister secret.

"If he did such a terrible thing, then he's no longer my savior," Philip reaffirmed after a long period. "I want to take you away from that household. We could run, travel to wherever we want. Don't you want to be saved?"

The words were eerily familiar as if preluding to a forgotten memory, but with the same voice.

"Don't you want to be saved? I can be your salvation if you say so."

Suddenly, Meng Yiran had a terrible premonition.

'System,' Meng Yiran calculated with unusual solemness. 'Does this bitch have a hero complex or something? Why does he keep talking about saving this, saving what. What? He wants to become someone's salvation? The least he could do is save his hairline, sheeeeesh.'

To this, the system was mildly intrigued as well. It didn't know why Philip kept insisting that it would be its host's salvation. To its knowledge, no one was Meng Yiran's savior except himself. Thus, it couldn't accept Philip in any shape or form. One might say it was alluded to possession, but the gentle and naive system thought of it as attachment to its first host. After all, an inexperienced newbie like him was especially stranger to the terms of feelings and affections.

'I think he's just a creepy adult, Host. The sooner you get away from him the better...' The system couldn't help but feel a little bitter. Why were the rules made that systems couldn't interfere with their hosts' work? It was all a bunch of baloney spouted by people who hadn't climbed off their high-horses. The system wanted to touch its host, speak to him and maybe... even hug him.

The need to protect its host from the gray areas of the world was overwhelming, yet it knew its host was very capable. He could protect himself.

The corners of Meng Yiran's lips downturned faintly but imperceptibly. "I'm not leaving my brother."

"Even after all the things he has done to you?" Philip's eyes blazed fiercely. He took another step forward, backing Meng Yiran up against the window pane. Raising his hand, he gently clamped it over Meng Yiran's neck, the tips of his fingers tracing the remarkable outlines of Meng Yixing's teeth. Philip himself gritted himself and he reluctantly retracted back his hand.