"What happened with Lou, Louis, officer? Tell me, is he alright? Zayn asked with a broken voice.

"Son, we found his body in an alley, it seems that he was living there with other homeless people," the officer said.

"Wha-what? Ho-homeless? He told me he was staying with a... friend. No... Lou! This must be a mistake," Zayn said sobbing.

"Oh Lord," Mr. Jenkins said hugging Zayn. "What happened officer? Do you know?" he asked.

"It seems... he...had some emotional issues. It seems he killed himself. That's what the other people said, he was struggling," officer Samuels said.

"Poor boy," Mr. Jenkins said.

"What! No..." Zayn said sobbing.

"Son, I know this is difficult for you but I need someone to come to the police station. Mr. Jenkins do you think we can bring Zayn to identify his body? Do you think you can do that, son?" the officer asked.

"He can't be dead Mr. Jenkins. Not Lou. He's my best friend," he said between sobs.

"Zayn, I understand this is hard for you. But I think you have to go, I'll come with you," Mr. Jenkins said and Zayn nodded.

They closed the store and went with the officers to the police station. On the way there, Zayn thought of the day his parents died. The feeling was the same. He felt numb and like he was falling into a deep hole.

When they arrived he remembered when he went with the Paynes to a station similar to this one.

Now he was questioned first and he told them the same thing he said to the officers earlier, when they finished he was asked to enter a room. Mr. Jenkins was with him. He also remembered how it was to ID his son. It was a terrible memory.

When they get out Zayn was crying inconsolably.

"It wa-was Louis, he's... de-dead," he said between sobs.

"I'm sorry Zayn, I'm sorry." Mr. Jenkins said.

"Mr. Jenkins, we have Louis Tomilson's belongings. He had a backpack with him. I don't know if you want... to keep it, is not much. Just some clothes, and a couple of books" the officer said.

"Oh... Zayn, do you want to have it?" Mr. Jenkins said.

"Ye- yes. I don't want them to throw his things a-away," Zayn said wiping his eyes, grabbing the bag, and hugging it.

"Come on, Zayn. Let's go," Mr. Jenkins said.

When they arrived home, Zayn went directly to his room. Without saying anything to Cecile.

"Dear, are you okay? What happened John?" She asked.

"Yes. Sorry I didn't have time to call you. Come here, I have to tell you what happened," Mr. Jenkins said sitting in the living room and he began to tell her.

"Oh, my Lord! Poor Zaynie. He must be devastated, he told me about that friend. He was so happy that he saw him after a long time," Cecile said.

"Yes, he is so affected by it, naturally." Mr. Jenkins said. "I think it'll be better if we let him rest for the night," He continued.

It was after dinner when Cecile knocked on Zayn's door.

"Come in," Zayn said.

"Dear, how are you feeling? John told me everything," She said putting a tray with a sandwich and some milk on his study desk.

"He was my be-best friend," He said hugging the sweatshirt that he gave him.

"I know it's difficult, and you're hurting. But this shall pass, dear. I promise," She said wiping his tears.