Chapter 92 - Italy

Start from the beginning

Even on the ship, every night before bed, Levi would rub the essential oil on Hange, who simply loved it, because within each passing day that her belly grew, she was more spoiled by people.

Tiny-Human-Bean was an attraction itself, always very communicative with everyone, even getting into a hearty argument with Sasha, to find out who liked to eat potatoes more. Everybody liked to feel the baby kick and it ended up getting very attached to Mikasa, always seeming to be joyful when she was around.

Speaking of Mikasa, Lara and Armin were pretty happy for her, who every day seemed to be looking more glown and less downcast. Sometimes, they would spot her contemplating the horizon, with a sad look, but Mikasa herself was paying attention to her actions, pushing away thoughts about Eren. She and Levi usually didn't get along in the past, but now that they were living together in a much more relaxed and cheerful environment, they both began to get along better, and any regret from the past seemed to disappear. There was a day when they talked for a long time, trying to find out if they were related in any way, but unfortunately, they couldn't come to a conclusion.

Jean was rejoicing at seeing the woman he loved looking better each passing day. He wasn't showing that grumpy mood that the war had caused him anymore, with now getting back to being that playful guy. When Jean managed to make Mikasa laugh, it seemed like he had won the lottery. He tried not to show that he would like to be by her side all the time, as Jean knew Mikasa needed her own space at the moment. But when she allowed him to do so, they would both talk alone for a long time and seemed to get along pretty well.

Everyone laughed a lot when Connie was around, always being very funny and playing with Sasha's adoptive siblings, who would wear him out until he couldn't take it anymore, going on his piggyback, running around the deck, and playing several other games they made up.

Sasha also felt very sick on the ship, but that didn't stop her from eating every meal with a voracious appetite, even though she knew she was going to throw up the next minute, making Niccolo quite worried. He tried to make some lighter meals, but it was a treat that he would make exclusively for his fiancée. This couple had a pretty comical type of relationship, and seemed to argue all the time, but it wasn't serious argues, but rather playful discussions, mainly involving "Sasha's infinite stomach" matters. However, it was clear that they were completely in love with each other.

During the time they spent on the ship, Onyankopon did the favor of teaching them some basic Italian words and phrases, so that they would not be so lost and would at least know how to ask for food or water, warning them that eventually, it would be of extreme importance that everyone learns the language.

Lara and Armin just loved learning Italian, which made them keep doing that typical hand gesture with fingers held together, waving them in front of each other's face, while shouting words like, "Buongiorno", "Grazie" or "Silenzio, Bruno!" (which apparently was an expression that was said when we need to shut up that annoying voice in our head that keeps tormenting us). Armin particularly enjoyed calling Lara as "Bella Ragazza", which means "Pretty Girl". She blushed when he would say that in her ears.

One Saturday morning, everyone woke up with a certain buzz, and when they went to the deck, it was because Italy's port could already be seen on the horizon. They were thrilled and started jumping for joy. Lara and Armin did a celebratory funny dance in total sync, shouting random Italian words as they shook themselves excitedly.

They arrived at the port just before lunchtime and it was very crowded. Dozens of ships were docked, carrying and dropping off people from all over the world. Through the streets, carriages and motor cars passed by, taking people everywhere. In the distance, the great classic-style buildings emerged ahead of them, leaving everyone gaping and admiring the different and colorful architecture of that place. Lara was so excited with so many new things, that if Armin hadn't entwined their fingers, she would already have gotten lost in the crowd.