Chapter 89 - Armin's Plan to Defeat Eren

Art by "vam_pipets".

Lara couldn't handle it

The words that came out of Armin's mouth hit her like lightning. It was a lot of information. So she just fell to the ground, passed out, in the middle of the road.

Lara woke up a few seconds later, lying in her fiancé's arms, with him patting her face lightly, while he called her name quite anxiously.

When her vision finally came back to normal and she saw him in front of her, it looked like Lara hadn't even passed out seconds ago. In a sudden movement, she was back on her knees again and gripped Armin's face, her eyes extremely wide, white as paper.

"Are you telling me th-that you're not gonna d-die anymore?!" her jaw trembled.

Armin took her face gently and smiled at her.

"That's right, my love," he replied, running his hand over her face, brushing the messy hair away from her eyes, and wiping her tears. "The nightmare is over. Now, we can be together, forever."

A sound came out of Lara's throat, a mixture of laughter and crying. Armin pinched her nose lightly.

"You're gonna have to put up with me till I'm very old," he chuckled.

Lara's heart was racing wildly. Her eyes started to burn. Then, in a jump, she gripped onto Armin's neck with all her strength. She began to cry a lot, exclaiming to the skies:

"GOD!" sobbed Lara, with a choked-up voice, rocking her fiancé back and forth, who now hugged her back with the same intensity and also cried a lot, "GOD! THANK YOU SO MUCH! THANK YOU!"

The biggest reason that Lara and Armin haven't been together since they fell in love in Shiganshina had been wiped out.

It was like their hearts were going to explode, such happiness they were feeling. They allowed themselves to forget, at least for that moment, all the other things Armin had said. But let's cut them some slack, after all, they deserve it.

All those years of pain, suffering, and sadness over Armin's imminent death were erased in that embrace they were giving in the middle of that dirt road.

Every tear they let fall from their eyes was like crystal waters, cleansing their hearts, taking away all the weight of the uncertainty and hopelessness that they both felt for so long.

Now, nothing could separate them anymore.

I can't say how long they hugged each other, crying. When they drew apart, one gazed at the other and saw how blown they were, with puffy eyes and dirty and red faces.

They began to laugh.

Gradually, one went on cleaning the other. Armin took a handkerchief from his pocket and dabbed it over Lara's face and then cleaned himself, too. Then, at the same time, they leaned in and touched their lips, moving their mouths.