Chapter 27 - Year 850

We finally reached Season 1 of the Anime! I hope from the bottom of my heart that you like how I'll develop the characters from now on. I wrote everything for you with great love! ♥

When Lara's twelfth birthday finally arrived, Hange thought it was better to order two cakes: one with the shape of the Wings of Freedom symbol, to be eaten by the Survey Corps soldiers after they sang "Happy Birthday" at the refectory, and the ot...

When Lara's twelfth birthday finally arrived, Hange thought it was better to order two cakes: one with the shape of the Wings of Freedom symbol, to be eaten by the Survey Corps soldiers after they sang "Happy Birthday" at the refectory, and the other with the shape of Keith Shadis face, to be eaten only by Hange, Levi, and Lara in their bedroom.

Hange arrived in her bedroom holding the disgusting little cake with the face of the said person in her hands, catching in act Lara and Levi playing fight on the bed.

"It looks like that girl Mikasa's fighting techniques are indeed really good," said Hange, as she placed the cake at the center of the writing desk, with a grimace. "I've already told you two to stop with this kinda play. It always ends up with one of you crying, and I'm not even talking about Lara!"

Lara was performing a sleeping hold on Levi's neck, while locking him with her tiny little legs. Levi was very red and looked exhausted.

"Alrighty, mommy," replied the girl, letting Levi go, who looked at Hange gratefully while panting.

"Yeah..." Hange placed her hands on her hips, "Seems like there's someone else here besides Lara that's getting old..."

Levi glared at her, while Lara fanned him with a pillow.

"There you go, baby," Hange let out a huff of air, looking tired, "here's your cake with... Shadis' face on it," she rubbed her forehead, looking at the floor, while mumbling, "God, what did I do to deserve this...?"

Lara took a peek at the cake and recognized that the baker had talent. It was identical to the original.

"Daddy! Come and do the honors! Mom, give dad the knife to slice Shadis' face."

Suddenly, Levi looked to be in a very good mood now and jumped out of bed, reaching his hand for Hange, asking for the knife.

Levi twirled the pointed object in his hand, ready to shove it right into Shadis' sunken eyes.

"Wait!" exclaimed Hange, "Aren't we gonna sing 'Happy Birthday'"?

"We already did it at the refectory," replied Levi, impassive, "Now, lemme finish him..."

"Are you jealous of him by any chance, dad?" Lara gave him a big smile.

Levi playfully winked at her, and with more violence than he should, he sliced the entire cake into uneven, grotesque pieces. Lara applauded her father's doing, while Hange blushed and fanned herself with her hand, because she was feeling a bit hot. Lara and Levi ate the cake with delight, but Hange couldn't even taste it.

Although Lara turned twelve years old, she was still quite small, but at least she had a healthy child's body, for Hange and Levi were very strict with her nourishment. The last scratch on the bedroom doorjamb marked Lara as being 1.32m tall. It was lower than the ideal, but on the other hand, Lara was a child who rarely got sick, which was already a great relief to her parents.