Chapter 57 - Fury

The Beast Titan watched the landscape in front of him.

Total devastation.

Blood, rocks, smoke, dirt, and death.

But, something was wrong.

It was all way too silent. He couldn't hear the grunts of the Titans on his right.

He looked in that direction and, with difficulty, because of the dust and smoke, noticed something strange.

All of his Titans on that side were dead. Lying on the ground, with their napes cut.

"What's that?" he asked himself. "My Titans have fallen..."

Then, something happened.

He felt a hook attach to his neck. He looked in the direction that long wire was coming from, and out of the green smoke, a man appeared.

This man had the eyes of deadly fury. His face was covered in evaporating Titan blood.

Quickly, the Beast Titan gave a great shout, raising his hand to strike the man.

However, when he least noticed, his arm had already been cut to pieces. He no longer felt that part of his body.

"Huh?!" he thought, extremely confused.

A memory came to his mind. In his human form, just a few hours ago, he was talking to Reiner and Bertholdt:

"I need to watch out for a single soldier?" he asked.

"Yes," replied Reiner, seriously. "Captain Levi. He's very dangerous."

"So..." thought the Beast Titan. "Is this Levi?!"

In that instant, he felt something hook in his back. Quickly, he covered his nape with the only hand he had left.

However, he barely had time to look back, and immediately his vision dimmed.

"What was that?!" he asked himself, startled. "I cannot see a thing!"

Levi had cut both of his eyes in one blow.

His reasoning was barely finished, and he fell to the ground with a thud.

"My legs!" he exclaimed in his thought.

He just lay there, sprawled on the ground, not understanding anything.

Standing in the air for just a few seconds, Levi watched him angrily.

"What happened to all that fun you were having just now?!" he exclaimed.

Levi dove into the air, heading for the Titan's nape.

"I need to harden!" thought the Beast Titan, as he brought his single hand to the back of his head. "Shoot! I won't make it!"

"LET ME JOIN YOUR FUN!" shouted Levi.

The Beast Titan could no longer feel his hand.

Levi landed on the creature's furry nape, his swords ready in his hands for the blow.

Just as he had done with the Titan that had killed his best friends Furlan and Isabel, and also with the one that would devour his daughter, Levi sliced that nape into pieces.

Both Levi and the Beast Titan were screaming.

With a last scream of fury, Levi cut through the region that housed the man who controlled the Beast Titan, who flew away, missing a piece of his arms, and bleeding profusely.